Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Level
    Sure thing!

Level
    Let me through in my 2 here, since I had been using InterWorx since 2005 and until recently have not.

I will not go into all the details as to why we switched to just cPanel, long story, and I can tell you it wasn't a easy decision, and today I really miss InterWorx (except the SiteWorx filemanager which isn't a InterWorx product anyway).

Here are two areas I would really get my attention

1 - Come out with a Nginx version of InterWorx - That would be huge (one of the main reasons of the move to cPanel for us)!

2 - Varnish enabled InterWorx. I realize this is a specialty, but its part of our business model now thus another reason we had to move to cPanel.
    Roy
    KARTHOST.com
    [ KARTHOST Facebook FAN Page ]
    [ Follow KARTHOST on Twitter ]
    WordPress Training - KartHost University

3. The Following User Says Thank You to R-n-R For This Useful Post:

Level
    R-n-R -- thanks for your thoughts. We definitely miss you, too!

In the very near future we're going to release a new feature request system that will let us better track which features are priorities to our community -- both that you mentioned will be included in the initial set at launch.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IWorx-Brett For This Useful Post:

Level
    I actually like Interworx more than cPanel. I contacted Crissic.net and asked if they would offer Interworx, they told me they would look into it. I think if we can get some of the hosts that are cheaper to start offering Interworx, it could probably gain traction. The cli documents are very well written, much more than cPanel. My advise would be to contact some of the hosts on vpsBoard(http://vpsboard.com) and ask them to offer Interworx.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by IWorx-Brett View Post
    Thanks for shout out! I'll get in touch with them and see what I can do -- any other specific hosts you think would be good InterWorx candidates?
    Can you get in touch with Crissic?

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by FHN-Eric View Post
    Can you get in touch with Crissic?
    Thanks for the lead! Just got in touch with them

Level

Interworx

Our clients have always rejected the idea of interworx and cpanel for vps due to the cost. Alot of our clients who want to purchase VPS would rather just install free linux version - they may be interested in cheaper versions - just for vps (even if it had alot less functionality).

Not sure if this is possible.
    Kind Regards,
    Lewis Stevens

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisstevens1 View Post
    Our clients have always rejected the idea of interworx and cpanel for vps due to the cost. Alot of our clients who want to purchase VPS would rather just install free linux version - they may be interested in cheaper versions - just for vps (even if it had alot less functionality).

Not sure if this is possible.
    Hi Lewis! It is currently possible to get a discounted VPS license through certain resellers, for example LicenseCart: https://licensecart.com/interworx

Outside of that, we don't have any plans at present for a further discounted license.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IWorx-Brett For This Useful Post:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by IWorx-Brett View Post
    Hi Lewis! It is currently possible to get a discounted VPS license through certain resellers, for example LicenseCart: https://licensecart.com/interworx

Outside of that, we don't have any plans at present for a further discounted license.
    Ah ok thanks for that. How come licensecart does it yet you dont on the website?

Will there also be a one off for the vps licence?

Thanks
    Lewis
    Kind Regards,
    Lewis Stevens

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisstevens1 View Post
    Ah ok thanks for that. How come licensecart does it yet you dont on the website?

Will there also be a one off for the vps licence?

Thanks
    Lewis
    Resellers cover end-user support, which allows us to offer licenses at a lower price through them

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IWorx-Brett For This Useful Post: