Level

Free Billing Software

Hi

I am starting this thread on behalf of Vibol, so it allows topics to be kept on topic.

Vibol posted:

vibol

Join DateFeb 2014
    Posts15Points1Level1

Soo have u ever heard about boxbilling ?? it ok to use ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help, I googled boxbilling, and there are a lot of forum posts about it, but I have not used or tried it myself, but first appearances seem to suggest it maybe of benefit to tight budgets, but in the long term, it may not grow if business grows.

Also, it should be easy to install if you have activated softaculous, so my personal advice to Vibol is to test it, but please have a good read first on boxbilling website and forums.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome, but my understanding is Vibol is on tight budget, but sorry if I am wrong.

Many thanks

John

Level
    Really thz for your help and suggestion. Anyone one experience with this billing software. Pleaes let me know if u find a free or cheap billing software that have good feature like boxbilling or whmcs if possible.
    Really thz

Level
    I think boxbilling is good piece of software of tight budget. Many use it. Other than that, I cannot think of any others that is up to boxbilling's standards. I personally tested it out and think it's okay, but again, WHMCS is of course full with features/modules.

Have you look at ClientExec? Buying from Licensepal is especially worth it (specifically the owned license). ClientExec and Blesta are by far the nearest to WHMCS in terms of features. As for prices, they both are also cheaper than WHMCS.
    Last edited by Shyuan; 02-04-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyuan View Post
    I think boxbilling is good piece of software of tight budget. Many use it. Other than that, I cannot think of any others that is up to boxbilling's standards. I personally tested it out and think it's okay, but again, WHMCS is of course full with features/modules.

Have you look at ClientExec? Buying from Licensepal is especially worth it (specifically the owned license). ClientExec and Blesta are by far the nearest to WHMCS in terms of features. As for prices, they both are also cheaper than WHMCS.
    Hello!

I'm look for Blesta it is good and have alot of feature as WHMCS or more than?
    Many thz

Level
    Hi vibol,

As for now, Blesta doesn't have ALL WHMCS's features/modules but already have more than enough good features to handle a hosting business (if this is your case). No worries, Blesta is actively developing and adding their modules (this is what I personally observed). Blesta can be installed using Softaculous as well. If you do not want to go with WHMCS/ClientExec, Blesta is definitely the one to choose. For Blesta, you can buy from licensepal.com or licensecart.com for cheaper prices They both are reliable and legal resellers.

Level
    Really thz you. I try to looking on it.
    Anyone experience with other billing software?

Level
    No problem vizol. I'll be happy to help. I hope someone can suggest you other billing software as per your request. Good luck!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyuan View Post
    Hi vibol,

As for now, Blesta doesn't have ALL WHMCS's features/modules but already have more than enough good features to handle a hosting business (if this is your case). No worries, Blesta is actively developing and adding their modules (this is what I personally observed). Blesta can be installed using Softaculous as well. If you do not want to go with WHMCS/ClientExec, Blesta is definitely the one to choose. For Blesta, you can buy from licensepal.com or licensecart.com for cheaper prices They both are reliable and legal resellers.
    Thank you for your recommendation Shyuan. I can't say that BoxBilling is any good it is horrid to use and set-up as I've tried before and getting it up was like trying to ride a bike.

WHMCS = Popular in features and Customers but lacks security. If you buy this you will need to stay up long nights to ensure you get the patch before an attacker targets you, they now have a bounty program to try and limit exposure that has limited the patches now, however they have re-written the Global php function which was removed from PHP themselves.

ClientExec = Their version 4 was confusing for me to use and I couldn't find anything when I was looking for bits, I had to have my client help me get around to ensure I didn't break their installation when helping them migrate away. Their new 5.0.x is much better and user friendly, it also has more features . They use bootstrap but it isn't responsive though.

Blesta = They are security ridden and customer focused. They think like a hacker when creating their system which means it's the most secure billing system out there, even security experts have overlooked their code and gave it a all clear. They have a great module for InterWorx and are working with the guys here to improve the module to make it more advanced.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...2&postcount=14
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...&postcount=183
    Michael Dance
    Licensecart Certified Distribution for Blesta, Interworx, KernelCare, CraftSRV, Softaculous, SolusVM, LiteSpeed & SSLs.
    Free Softaculous & 50% off KernelCare with every InterWorx license bought with us. We pride ourselves by being the cheapest External provider.
    Need Help? Check out the InterWorx FAQs or check out our Knowledgebase. In the InterWorx family, you're never alone!

Level
    Has anybody considered writing their own? I've been working on a client management system just for Interworx and in a little under 3 days it's almost 100% complete (just need to finish the ticketing system, but all of the Interworx automation was ready in the first day once the developers showed me how to fix the API in Apache). Now of course it's not the most complex system, but it has all of the basics so that's good enough for me.

Level
    Hi Kujoe

This sounds lovely, well done to you.

To be honest, I would not mind testing it if you ever want to share, but I can only do this whislt we have our test server up, which it is at moment.

Also, will it work for clustering enviroments (IW cluster)

Once again, well done and many thanks

John

Level
    I'm considering posting the source on GitHub. I don't know if it works for clustered environments or not since I don't have one setup.

Level
    I think boxbilling is good piece of software of tight budget.