Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Level
    Hi synthetisoft

Good news, IW has pushed multi CN out in release candidate 5.1.19, according to change log for beta (which has to be updated for RC)

Well done IW, there very quick

Many thanks

John

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by d2d4j View Post
    Hi synthetisoft

Good news, IW has pushed multi CN out in release candidate 5.1.19, according to change log for beta (which has to be updated for RC)

Well done IW, there very quick

Many thanks

John
    How long does it usually take to get to stable? I'm not in the habit of using betas or RCs on production servers.

Level
    Just in case anyone wants the exact procedure to use until this feature is in stable. Here's what you do...

1) In Siteworx, enable Let's Encrypt for yourdomain.com
    2) Login to your server as root and run the following command: certbot certonly --webroot -w /home/example/public_html -d example.com -d www.example.com
    3) Certbot will say something like "You have an existing certificate, would you like to expand and replace it" to which you choose the option "Expand."
    4) Restart your web server (Apache/Litespeed/etc.).
    5) If you now refresh the SSL page in siteworx you'll now it shows both dns names under "Alternate Domains."

Notes: Using the -d flag you can add as many subdomains as you want (Maybe even a wildcard as in *. but I haven't tried that yet). Also, you can always run the command again if you left out a subdomain. If you run into any problems after doing this (Such as not being able to use the IW Let's Encrypt plugin) there are some files that certbot creates after you execute this manual procedure. I forget the paths but they're easy to find. Deleting the files associated with the certificate you generated will restore the IW plugin's functionality to normal. Using this method will only affect the Let's Encrypt plugin for the accounts you use it on.

Encrypt the Planet

Last edited by Synthetisoft; 07-10-2016 at 01:27 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Synthetisoft For This Useful Post:

Level
    Hi synthetisoft

Updates pushed to stable will most likely take around 3 - 6 months I believe

Lets encrypt will not use wildcard SSL (think everyone had the same thought, I tried it but it does not work)

Many thanks

John

Level
    /facepalm

I was sure that my method of manually doing it would work but when trying to visit www.mydomain.com I get: NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

with the familiar browser warning that the page isn't secure.

EDIT: NVM. Got it to work! Just had to restart web server. Updating procedure.
    Last edited by Synthetisoft; 07-10-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Level
    These issues are now resolved in the latest RELEASE version of Interworx. One can now select the domain and subdomains they wish to secure.

Level
    For anybody else having the same understanding issue as me: You can select multiple subdomains by clicking them in the "Generate all with Let's Encrypt" dialogue (CTRL-click).

I habe always selected just one domain and thought I was limited to just one by LE, I didn't know I could select more (even tried with 4 now, works perfectly).

Cheers,

Michael

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mdeinhardt For This Useful Post: