Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Level
    Hi Justin
    Many thanks, and I havenot tried Mariadb myself, but guessing removal of old 5.x before installing new 10.x, is most likely because it of conflicts/errors on dependecies, therefore it is easier to remove and install, then go through all depency failures.
    I stress this is just my thoughts and may not be correct
    Many thanks
    John

Level
    I was hoping this thread would be more updated by now as to the compatibility with interworx features. I know interworx has it's own DB for itself, but I'm talking about where interworx interacts with SiteWorx accounts...like backups for example.

I'm thinking I might get a cheap cloud VPS at my datacenter with InterWorx and just test it out for a month before I try to upgrade my live server. The one feature that I do like on the new MySQL5.6 (which is equivalent to the MariaDB 10.0) is Full-Text indexes with an innodb table. That would be immediately helpful in a handful of sites I host right now and more going forward.

But not sure if the trade off is worth it as far as interworx compatibility.
    [ JUSTIN ]
    [ OFF unit ]
    [ WEB DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT, GRAPHIC DESIGN, OTHER STUFF
    ]

Level
    Hi Justin

As far as I know, all features work as expected but the only issue is the version shown for MySQL in the IW-CP

Many thanks

John

4. The Following User Says Thank You to d2d4j For This Useful Post:

Level
    So I got word from the interworx team that a bug report has been filed for the version being shown wrong.

Also, I'm getting my test VPS setup today and going to give this a try following the guide in this thread and this one https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/how-to-...0-on-centos-7/
    [ JUSTIN ]
    [ OFF unit ]
    [ WEB DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT, GRAPHIC DESIGN, OTHER STUFF
    ]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justec For This Useful Post:

Level
    Hi Justin

Many thanks

I'm sure it will go well for you, as it appears to for others who have posted but appreciate how you got on in an update

Many thanks

John