Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Level
    Hi justec

I'm not 100% sure

The download of a database, has the opt, frm, myd and myi files, so I'm thinking there is no dump made

Thinking though, if your using R1soft already, have you disabled the Iw backups and deleted all of these backups, as there not needed

I'll check my R1soft logs to see if a dump happens, but I think it's a live snapshot of the folder

Many thanks

John

Level
    Hi
    The latest release candidate update, now includes the R1soft fix, and I can confirm it works lovely for me.
    @Justec, I had a look for a MySQL dump, but I cannot see any on the R1soft backup servers, so I do not believe a dump is made. I think it is hot copy of the databases.
    Many thanks
    John

Level
    We can also confirm this is all working again.

Combined with the new R1Soft UI, things are looking good.

Would be great for the plugin to allow us to define more than one disk safe for the clients to have access to though.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple...”

Level
    Hi hacman

We use R1soft on a number of different Iw servers, and there on different disk safes in different countries. (We do not use our own R1soft servers)

I think this is achieved by the url and license code, but not running our own R1soft servers, I cannot be sure

Is there any identifiable detail on a R1soft server to give correct disk safe, or is this setup in the R1soft server directly, and your thinking of API integration

Many thanks

John

Level
    I just wanted to test siteworx restores and am getting this error:

Warning! You are attempting to use an invalid control panel ID to login. ALL LOGIN ATTEMPTS WILL FAIL. If you think you are seeing these messages in error, please contact your Backup Manager administrator.

Is this the same error you guys had or is this something else?

Backups work, accessing the siteworx recovery points from the SBM panel works too. The Agent Version is 6.2.2.78, the manager version too (6.2.2 build 78).

Level
    Hi Michael

Sorry, just relaxing with a long cold beer - been a very long day here

It is similar but would not like to say if it is exact same issue. If it is, IW had an extra character in credentials which was been passed in think from memory (could be entirely wrong sorry, it's an age thing sorry). However, it was resolved and this issue no longer exists in IW

From memory, you will need to set R1soft on the IW to debug mode, so it logs more detail, run the module and then look at logs to see it you can see any issues (pay attention to credentials including Unix name passed over), then also you need to do starve and again look for credentials, including Unix name (that is assuming your R1soft module works the same way, which I guess it does)

If you cannot find how to set R1soft to debug, it will be tommorow before I can look back and let you know

Also, if you downgrade R1soft to version prior, does this work - again it will be tommorow before I can post how to do this if alright

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Level
    Hi John,

I hope you enjoyed your beer or two and had a nice rest of the evening.

I enabled the debug mode (added "Debug=1" to /usr/sbin/r1soft/conf/agent_config and restarted agent via /etc/init.d/cdp-agent restart)

But I don't see any of my actions in Siteworx in the log file. I see connection from the CDP, but not to it. Maybe I have configured the R1soft plugin wrong? I entered the CDP URL including the https port I set and opened in the firewall on the CDP server (https://mycdpserver.de:8443). And I added the CDP contrrol panel ID found under "Manager Information" in the CDP panel under "Advanced Options". Should be ok, right?

Cheers,
    Michael

P.S. I am testing backuprun in parallel on another server but will need to ascertain how they comply with german privacy laws. Other than thta and that i don't know how to integrate them with Nodeworx it looks nice so far...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mdeinhardt For This Useful Post:

Level
    I got it. Reading the Wiki helps ;-)

I DID enter the wrong ID in the plugin configuration. The ID I had to enter can only be found after creating the policy and adding the control panel instance to it. To see the ID in the Server Backup Manger SE panel, you have to go to "Policies", open the right one (it's a little arrow that opens the details in the latest version of the Server Backup Manager (=CDP) and select the tab "Control Panels". And ther it is, the "Control panel instance Id". I entered that into the plugin and now my Siteworx accounst can see their restore points.

John, how does all this work with Backuprun? I think I have no access to all these things (Policies, Control panel integration etc.)...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mdeinhardt For This Useful Post:

Level
    Hi Michael

Kudos to you and sorry, just arrived back after dentist, still numb but pain setting in now

Backuprun works indentical, but now I think backuprun have to supply you the key (or you could run the get key followed by show key I think)

I'll have to look back in email though, as I seem to remember the same issue over key, but it was quickly resolved. Mind you, that was before they imposed access to policies etc... however, in fairness, polices are presetup so makes its easy

Actually, the let you need maybe the guid shown from backuprun, advanced options, policy or maybe server, or disksafe, click the magnifying glass and you'll see the guid

You do not install R1soft in IW as you know

Sorry, you can fully encrypt backup, but this can only be set for encryption when first creating the R1soft backup, which at same time you choose location.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John