Level

Password Reset Email

Hi all,

It seems whoever originally set up one of our Interworx servers may have done a mistake somewhere. The password reset email has the URL spelt slightly incorrect but I can't find anywhere within the control panel this would be managed. Is it located in a file anywhere that I can access via SSH?

Cheers,

Level
    Not 100% on this, but I had a similar issue a while ago and I think I fixed it by setting the hostname correctly. Don't think there is a way to do that in NodeWorx, but you can go on SSH and set it that way.
    [ JUSTIN ]
    [ OFF unit ]
    [ WEB DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT, GRAPHIC DESIGN, OTHER STUFF
    ]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Justec For This Useful Post:

Level
    Hi

I guess it depends upon what is the wrong domain i.e. Is it hostname wrong or iworx hostname wrong

Also, have you checked logs to see if email reset is failing, if so, what reason

Changing iworx hostname, may affect other areas, as indeed the hostname change may do, as justec posted, it can resolve issue but depends upon what is wrong

You can change the iworx hostname used by iworx, which the password reset is sent from postmaster@hostname.url, but hostname and iworx hostname can be different, depends upon why you want them different

To change iworx hostname, ssh and edit ~iworx/iworx.ini, locate hostname and change as you need, save and restart iworx, service iworx restart

WARNING - make changes to iworx.ini at your own risk, changing any settings on this file most likely would invalidate any support from iworx and correction if IW support involved, would be chargeable- You have been warned

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by d2d4j View Post
    Hi

I guess it depends upon what is the wrong domain i.e. Is it hostname wrong or iworx hostname wrong

Also, have you checked logs to see if email reset is failing, if so, what reason

Changing iworx hostname, may affect other areas, as indeed the hostname change may do, as justec posted, it can resolve issue but depends upon what is wrong

You can change the iworx hostname used by iworx, which the password reset is sent from postmaster@hostname.url, but hostname and iworx hostname can be different, depends upon why you want them different

To change iworx hostname, ssh and edit ~iworx/iworx.ini, locate hostname and change as you need, save and restart iworx, service iworx restart

WARNING - make changes to iworx.ini at your own risk, changing any settings on this file most likely would invalidate any support from iworx and correction if IW support involved, would be chargeable- You have been warned

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John
    Hi John,

It was the hostname= field in the iworx.ini that was incorrect. Once corrected the reset emails had the correct domain for the control panel.

Off-Topic: At the moment when you generate passwords within the control panel they are based off dictionary words such as: CatsDogMeowHello123 (just a bad example) is there a way to change that so it's random generated such as: euhfetH645! for example?

Level
    Hi Bertie
    Glad it helped you
    Sorry, I do not know and we use WHMCS, which automates the siteworx account setup, and uses it's own password for siteworx account.
    Perhaps another user knows and may post
    Many thanks
    John

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertie View Post
    Off-Topic: At the moment when you generate passwords within the control panel they are based off dictionary words such as: CatsDogMeowHello123 (just a bad example) is there a way to change that so it's random generated such as: euhfetH645! for example?
    I don't think there is an option for this. I believe this is just hard coded into the system like this. They could maybe add this as a setting in the future, but my guess is it would be pretty low priority since the work around is just generating your own password like that on a site like https://www.random.org/passwords/
    [ JUSTIN ]
    [ OFF unit ]
    [ WEB DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT, GRAPHIC DESIGN, OTHER STUFF
    ]