Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Level
    Hi John,

you are on the right track with the IP. The second error is related to one of the alternate domains (mail.domain.com) pointing to another IP on some of our servers. That one is my mistake. IW Jenna found (and fixed) this for me.

So when LE looks up the domains names, it encounters 2 IPs for the DNS entries and throws an error. But this error was happening today only. My original problem (Temporary failure in name resolution) still persists. But tracking that down will be hard, as it only happens once per account and then works on the scond try, so I can't point to an account where it happens and IW can troubleshoot.

I will keep an eye out for this and see if it happens more often then before. If not, I will simply have to live with it. As I also wrote Jenna, it is more of a nuisance than a real problem anyway...
    Last edited by mdeinhardt; 05-23-2017 at 10:09 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mdeinhardt For This Useful Post:

Level
    Hi Michael

Many thanks, Iw guys rock

Glad it's resolved but if you could update once you think you may have found the LE issue you originally posted over

Please shout or post if you want anything testing or ideas

Many thanks, going to try to enjoy our 1 day of summer here in uk haha

John

Level
    Hi John,

yes, IW Jenna did find the issue behind the original problem. It was an outdated LE installation. It seems I installed LE on a few of our servers before there was an auto-update function built in, so those early versions never got updated. Jenna found this and also showed me how to upgrade.

If anyone else is experiencing similar problems, first verify the general date of your installation via
    ls -la ~iworx/lib/letsencrypt/
    Some of my files were from January 2016.

You can update LE via
    cd ~iworx/lib/letsencrypt/
    git pull
    On two installations this resulted in
    error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge: letsencrypt-auto
    Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
    Aborting
    so I ran
    git stash
    and then
    git pull
    Thanks to Jenna all is fine now

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mdeinhardt For This Useful Post: