External SQL Server

Hi Iworx team’s,

I’ve question to use external MySQL Server, is it possible to having iworx database on an external server ?

It’s an other french user who said it, if it’s right, what’s the step to make this ?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

It’s not possible to have the internal InterWorx database on an external server, if that’s what you mean. It is possible to have the client MySQL server on a separate machine, though.

You need to first enable the feature in Server -> Settings. Under the MySQL section, change MySQL Server Pooling to “enabled”. This will change the settings available in the MySQL section, it should be obvious from there.

Basically, you’ll need to set up a root-level account (with all permissions, including GRANT) for InterWorx to use to manage the databases, etc. The external server doesn’t even need to run InterWorx, thought we sure don’t mind if you buy another license :wink:

Tim

Ok, Thank you Tim, you answer to my question :slight_smile:

HI,

Now I’ve a question, when I want to add SQL server, I’ve this error return :

? DB Error: connect failed mysql://interworx:********@sql.espace4you.com/mysql
? Tables_in_mysql

User interworx with all access and permission and server are ok, any idea ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Gimly,
Can you login to the remote server using the mysql from the command line?

Yes it work, I test from my interworx server

[root@ns2 /]# mysql -h sql.espace4you.com -u interworx -p******
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 43
Server version: 5.1.44-0.dotdeb.0 (Debian)

Type ‘help;’ or ‘\h’ for help. Type ‘\c’ to clear the buffer.

mysql> quit
Bye
[root@ns2 /]#

Can you file a support ticket for this, and include the login information to the external mysql server? I think I know what’s causing this but I’ll have to take a look at the server to know for sure.

Ok Thanks jonathan, I’ll open ticket.