Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RHEL/centos 6 ship with PHP 5.3. Updating to 5.2 by adding the iworx repo is extremely easy on RHEL/centos 5.

Comment

Yeah, I upgraded using the info here and it took me about 1minute to do it maybe less. But many newbies that are starting a hosting company that want to use interworx aren't going to know how to do this via command prompt and are going to be scared to do something like this for something so standard as php 5.2. I heard from iworx support they might be supporting newer php versions in future releases.

Comment

That's good to hear. I admit that I think that it's a bit of a cop out to hear "talk to your distro about upgrading packages" when they only support red hat and respins. I personally have no issues with red hat, but they aren't known for having the most recent versions of packages, centos less so. Trying to get ruby up to date enough to support rails in a fashion that iworx would see on centos 5.6 was frustrating, so I do absolutely see your point.

All that said, I have absolutely no sympathy at all for anyone wanting to run a hosting biz without enough clue to add a managed repo and run an update from the CLI.

Comment

Any chance this repo will work on a straight up non-Interworx CentOS 5.x server ?

Comment

Hi there,

I upgraded to php 5.2.17 and now, when trying to install php-soap we get the following error:
            yum install php-soap
            Setting up Install Process
            Resolving Dependencies
            --> Running transaction check
            ---> Package php-soap.x86_64 0:5.1.6-39.el5_8 set to be updated
            --> Processing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-39.el5_8 for package: php-soap
            --> Finished Dependency Resolution
            php-soap-5.1.6-39.el5_8.x86_64 from base has depsolving problems
            --> Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-39.el5_8 is needed by package php-soap-5.1.6-39.el5_8.x86_64 (base)
            Error: Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-39.el5_8 is needed by package php-soap-5.1.6-39.el5_8.x86_64 (base)
            You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
            You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
            package-cleanup --dupes
            rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
            The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.
            and it seems it's missing 5.1.6 but we're at 5.2.17.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks for posting this, really helpful to me.

Comment

Working...
              X