Interworx module for whmcs is too limited.

Hello,

Is there any work being done to provide customer ability to customize their configuration for hosting on interworx? Right now the module is limited to preset packages, but this has become deprecated for some time now. I would like to see the ability to allow customers to be able to configure their hosting solution from the order form.

Thanks,

John

Hi John

I hope you don’t mind but I think you may be posting to wrong forum.

Whmcs have their own forum and developers, and I think this may need to be developed as an external between IW and WHMCS, but I don’t think it should be too hard to do for an experienced web developer.

Many thanks

John

I thought the modules for the billing system were provided by the control panel vendor. At least thats true for many of them.

Yeah its probably not hard but wondering if something exists before I waste money to develop something or change to different control panel.

THanks,

Hi John

I hope your having a good Christmas

Sorry, whmcs started independent but was then bought by cpanel. I know, we use whmcs for our billing system.

There is a billing system for interworx on interworx website, if I have time tommorow I’ll paste the link but it looks as though it’s third party and not written by interworx and ofcourse may not be available. There’s also another billing system which is a competitor to whmcs, but I can’t remember the name sorry and we have a license for it as well, as we tried it. I’ll look it up and post here tommorow

I hope that’s alright

Many thanks

John

Interestingly enough, I’ve recently been contacting all of our billing system partners to discuss ways to expand their integrations with InterWorx!

All of our billing partners created and maintain their integrations – you can find a full list here: http://www.interworx.com/partners/software-partners/

However, since I’m discussing the integrations with all of them now, what kinds of specific things would you like your customers to be able to configure from the order form?

Hi Brett

I would think the answer would be all options available when you create a siteworx account or template for creation.

It would be nice to also include the r1soft backup, but I’m thinking this is too open ended sorry. Also, to be able to choose between webmail and stat packages, without been able to have them all.

Please could you make this as an addition to the current api for setup.

I hope that’s alright

Many thanks

John

Yeah I believe WHMCS make their own modules, which is a bad thing with their coding practices, but we use Blesta now which in the long run is securer and better :). They have 99% editable modules so you can custom them to your needs. But Blesta auto-detects packages, so you don’t need to write the names in. And you can use the 3.1 configurable options to custom them a bit more.

It would be nice to allow the user to put in the diskspace, bandwidth themselves, and if they need unlimited emails or a number and it generates a price. However limits to stop the users going over the top would be needed for that.

hello guy… helo licensecart… i am one of you customer hehehe… i buy interworx license 1 year from you…
hey guy i have some problem with whmcs Fatal error: Class ‘soapclient’ not found in /home/xxxx/vds.asia/html/xxx/modules/servers/interworx/interworx.php on line 0 when i try to test new order. i follow all install module from whmcs but still got error. licensecart do you use blesta?? do blesta + interworx working together with NO error :smiley:
coz i thinking to change to blesta,…

[QUOTE=vds.asia;25091]hello guy… helo licensecart… i am one of you customer hehehe… i buy interworx license 1 year from you…
hey guy i have some problem with whmcs Fatal error: Class ‘soapclient’ not found in /home/xxxx/vds.asia/html/xxx/modules/servers/interworx/interworx.php on line 0 when i try to test new order. i follow all install module from whmcs but still got error. licensecart do you use blesta?? do blesta + interworx working together with NO error :smiley:
coz i thinking to change to blesta,…[/QUOTE]

Hello Vds.asia,

Thank you for your custom, and I believe you need to install Soap on the server your WHMCS is on. You can do it via: yum install php-soap

I’ve tried using Blesta and cPanel to connect to InterWorx and that didn’t work I got errors, however I’ve not tried InterWorx and Blesta connecting to InterWorx if you get me, I will be shortly when the importer has been fixed so we can import over. Blesta is more secure than WHMCS so you would be safer.

You can see my issues at: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1823-interworx-connection-via-api/

It would be nice to see InterWorx dump PHP Soap haha.

Hi vds and licencecart

I could be wrong but I thought interworx used soap.

I have seen these issues before, infact recently when updating our whmcs install, more so if I remember correctly when trying the beta versions.

I think from memory it is usually one of the following

Api setup wrong or not at all ie incorrect api key
Wrong or no package name

I could be wrong so I apologise in advance.

I’m not too sure sorry licencecart, about what you mean re interworx on interworx, but I’m thinking you may be meaning on vps perhaps.

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;25093]Hi vds and licencecart

I could be wrong but I thought interworx used soap.

I have seen these issues before, infact recently when updating our whmcs install, more so if I remember correctly when trying the beta versions.

I think from memory it is usually one of the following

Api setup wrong or not at all ie incorrect api key
Wrong or no package name

I could be wrong so I apologise in advance.

I’m not too sure sorry licencecart, about what you mean re interworx on interworx, but I’m thinking you may be meaning on vps perhaps.

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have two VPS (cPanel) which is where my Blesta install is, and another VPS with InterWorx on it, both have Soap installed, I installed it manually on InterWorx to ensure it was installed, and cPanel I installed it via EasyApache, as Blesta needs it to connect to the API.

ooo i see, ok let me try… thank you for the info licencecart and d2d4j. api key dun have any problem but i put in package name like this VDS FREE, then in whmcs i put vds free, coz whmcs say use lowercase. or do package like VDS FREE (VDS space FREE) do that space make problem?

Hi vds

Yes, space is not good.

You would be better to make a test called test, all lowercase as a package, so you see it works and also I think you have to set the correct theme used on package as well, but I could be wrong sorry as it was some years ago since I setup ours.

Many thanks

John

yup… it true d2d4j. now it working no space no uppercase… just use lowercase. any way thank you

I’ll just update this here, the issue I had was I didn’t allow the outgoing port 2443 on the cPanel firewall. Which blocked the connections out.

I feel like WHMCS is in a sorry state over all… And we are looking to replace it with some other CRM system, or build our own.
Messy invoices, confusing customer pages… unintuitive management of corrections to invoices that cause customers to be billed extra, or get unintended discounts are only a few of the problems we have encountered with WHMCS. My trust in the system is totally non existent, and I keep pestering on our regular meetings to start working on finding a replacement.

The hard coded metrics when it comes to traffic HDD space etc also doesn’t help, but I think that was corrected in an update by WHMCS.