How to get the API to work when calling the API from the same server as Interworx.

Since this is not posted anywhere and it took some back-and-forth via a ticket to figure it out, I want to post this here in case somebody else runs into the same problem I did (I’m not a software developer by any means so this might be obvious for the rest of you but it wasn’t for me so I’m posting this for the other novices out there). If you call the API from the same server as Interworx and instead of getting anything you get a “No data returned” message in your browser, you’ll need to make a change to Apache. Here’s a quote from Nathan who handled my ticket:

I just brought this to the attention of the developers and they pointed out that during the creation of a SiteWorx account httpd is restarted, so that’s why the return value fails when the account is successfully created. If the script resides on the same server that the SiteWorx account is being created on you end up with this error. The solution is to enable graceful restarts for apache in ~iworx/iworx.ini.

Under [apache] change force_graceful=“0” to “1”.

force_graceful=“1”

I will also submit a developer ticket regarding this behavior to make this more intuitive.

Thinking back, I should run my client management script from a different server but for now I’m running it all from one server (except SMTP, qmail isn’t very shared hosting environment friendly).

Hi Kujoe

I think most running as iworxiworx require this, I know whmcs certainly did, and I seem to remember it was shown somewhere, just cannot remember where sorry. Also, another little pointer is setting apache to iworx user

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;25905]Hi Kujoe

I think most running as iworxiworx require this, I know whmcs certainly did, and I seem to remember it was shown somewhere, just cannot remember where sorry. Also, another little pointer is setting apache to iworx user

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

I would love to reply to this but it won’t let me post my reply because some of the words aren’t allowed. I tried to figure out what words it didn’t like but it got to the point where I couldn’t convey my message so I’ve given up. I’ll reply later when I have more posts.

Hi kujoe

Sorry, I know IW came under attack recently and I’m thinking IW tighten the systems.

If you want to pm me the post, and I’ll forward to Brett for you to help with blocking schema

Many thanks

John

nice postare working fine and as expected, it may be quicker to make a copy of the 2 websites, databases etc and delete the original ones in full, then add them back.

I say this as the forum may not give you your answer or it may be sometime before a more knowledgeable user answers, but then they would most likely need to know a lot more detail.