Which control panel do you prefer?

Just a general question to all! I personally prefer cPanel, due to it being the first control panel I ever used (and gained experience in). I’ve never really had chance to use any other, so it would be nice to hear opinions of people that have used different panels

I despise cPanel. It looks like it was made in the 90s. I would have quit webhosting if it wasn’t for InterWorx. Embrace the change of better technology!

Hi viprit…
I have tested some years ago a lot webhosting control panels, commercial or free…
And I was thinking at this time(some years ago) the best is Interworx … .Today I still think that it is still the best…

I use it as clustered solution based on virtual servers …
my virtualization technology is . with HA and with workload balance …

What it means ? My web hosting is HA … virtualization technology is taking care for HA …
/home - is stored on two disk arrays(each with RAID5) which are mirrored on HW level …

And I’m very satisfied with this solution…

Combination of InterworxCP + Virtualization + mirrored DiscArray’s => is perfect solution for safe and HA webhosting

Thanks to INTERWORX , You have done a beautiful job …

Bye
Juraj

1 Like

Hi

Many thanks to Juraj and Justin for your responses. I totally agree

We have full brandable licenses and we purposely chose not to rebrand. It?s that good.

Also, and I apologise if I am wrong in advance, but I do have suspicions over viprit been genuine as I have had to delete links posted a few times. As I said though, I could be wrong so apologies in advance if I am

Many thanks

John

Hi

Even I prefer INTERWORX over any other control panel. Using interworx with virtualization works best for me. Thanks a lot Interworx!

@viprit
Hi, I have and been using quite a few control panels over the last 15 years, but it is for every one different I think. It depends on what you prefer to offer to your customers, is it stability, is it a sleek interface with limited functionality and so on. Sometimes it is more important to think as a customer than a sysop. For me I am getting old and want my sleep in the nights and I am fed up sitting all nights trying to fix things which can’t be fixed or have to wait two years for adding some functionality like cPanel, since this well known panel decided to mess up the market it is even more important to give your customers stability and knowledge they can also sleep as for everything is covered. That my friend is the ultimo goal, but Interworx gives a very good first impression, and I am only testing it in the last weeks. Coming from cPanel you might miss something or a lot, but is that extra feature worth to stay with them, only you can decide. Hope that helps. :smile:

Nico

Hi Nico

Good post thank you

Viprit is a spam abuser. I edit his post to remove links but decided to leave thread as some had answered.

It appears that some users post a message, then after a few days or weeks, edit their post and drop links in.

Guess the spammers are getting wiser…

Many thanks

John

interworx con virtualizaci?n funciona mejor me parece que es muchisimo mejor gracias.

Hi Bertie

I guess each to their own…

If you set IW siteworx to big, it resembles CPanel on the GUI

If you have the latest IW-CP, you can chose dovecote over qmail or if new install, it uses dovecote

Also, IW is cheaper then CPanel after their price rise

Many thanks

John

hi @Bertie !

You are correct that Dovecot does not not remove the use of qmail. However! We are currently working on Postfix integration, which will replace qmail entirely. I don’t have an ETA on that, specifically, however, I believe it will be rolled out with our next major version, which is slated early next year, after the holidays.

The theme system is also being completely redone and replaced–I’ve seen the mockups/demoed what they have so far, and it is really slick (I personally like it a lot better than our current themes/theme system, I definitely understand what you are saying there. :smile: ). There are a lot of other new features on the roadmap, specifically opening up changes that currently have to be made via the command line (such as editing the php.ini files) to be done via the GUI, as well. I believe that a public document of said roadmap is in the works, though I do not have that on hand at this time.

If you have any specific feature requests, you can always submit them to the helpdesk: https://support.interworx.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Or if you have any other questions or concerns, I can definitely answer them here, as well. :smiley:

I will miss Qmail but I fully support switching to Postfix. Will we get to keep djbdns?

Alternatives of the C panel are as follows:

1. Spanel.
  2. Plesk
  3. OVIPanel
  4. CyberPanel
  5. AApanel
    Each of them have their own pros and cons.