Windows 8 "Modern" theme?

I think it would be a really neat idea to have a “Modern” UI theme and possibly a Windows 8/RT app as well. I think it would be great for mobile users.

I do think it’s great that you have a touch friendly theme though :wink:

Thank you.

:slight_smile:

I like it. I’ll add this to my TODO. And talk to the staff about it.

-T

Thanks! and cute avatar too! :wink:

I have considered starting a Github project, in order to create a Twitter Bootstrap template for Interworx.

Is that something that would be usefull? I’m sure there is quite a few of us here that would be able to contribute to a project like that.

I Just need to get my hands on the new Iworx 5 template files … would be good to see if there is any changes in the code between iworx 5 and earlier.

Twitter bootstrap??

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, I have started assembling the buildingblocks here: https://github.com/Evanion/bootworx (Dead, please see https://github.com/Evanion/InterKit instead)

I have a complete interworx dump (excluding YUI files), as well as bootstrap with less files.

Right now interworx uses YUI as a JS framework. This will need to be exchanged for jQUery, should be doable, will need to investigate that closer. I’m not really a JS wizard myself. So will need someone to help me with that part further ahead.

Oh cool. That looks interesting…

[QUOTE=Evanion;21226]I have considered starting a Github project, in order to create a Twitter Bootstrap template for Interworx.

Is that something that would be usefull? I’m sure there is quite a few of us here that would be able to contribute to a project like that.[/QUOTE]

Bootworx! I love it!

I’ve been PUSHING for a more theme/template/widgety interworx.

The team is on board, it’s just been a LOT of work.

As for external js libraries— We’re eventually going to have to update from YUI2 as our core library. I’ve been pushing for jQuery, but we’re going to have to think of a smart way to handle built-in JS and give the users hooks and things to latch on to.

The main focus of the developers is currently features, but I come from the world of web-design, so I’m making themeability a top-priority on my list.

In 5, We’ve got it so that you have MUCH more control over the dom and access to more .tpl files.

When 5 comes out, I’ll teach you some stuff and help you fix up the Everest theme.

:smiley:

That is so cool! It would be even better for people to differentiate their hosting brands and such.

An alternative to bootstrap

The only problem I have with bootstrap is that it’s LESS, personally I’m bias for Compass/SASS.
I found a new framework today that seems interesting, it’s SASS, and seems heavily based on Bootstrap: http://gumbyframework.com/

… only problem is … ‘GumbyWorx’ doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘BootWorx’ :wink:

When 5 comes out, I’ll teach you some stuff and help you fix up the Everest theme

The fact that you refer to our theme as ‘the Everest theme’, should that make me concerned that we are pushing to many support tickets your way? :stuck_out_tongue:

Gumbyworx LOL.

I THOUGHT I read that you were with Everest hosting. x.x Maybe I just skim letters too fast. haha.

And the only reason that strikes a chord is because Everest has done some really clever things with their theme in the past.

Less and Sass are really cool and we were thinking about implementing some server-side CSS-ables at some point. The devs have their hands full with this 5 release, so for now the templates just render from straight CSS. (Shouldn’t be too hard to switch eventually though.)

I just re-skinned the web-install. I’ll show you guys a preview of it when I get a chance.

-T

Gumbyworx??? I think it sounds cute though! :wink:

No, I’m not with Everest Hosting. I’m the IT manager at Snowpeak Hosting, but our main server is called ‘Everest’.
We have a reskin of the Interworx theme running. But we want to get some new theme ready for our new servers that we will migrate all the customers to. And it would be really nice, if that theme was responsive.

lets see what we get from this thing. i am sure it would going to be delightful one

Hey, How’s coming on this???

A mobile theme was implemented into Heliotrope, but no new tablet-type theme has been developed yet. I’ll keep you posted. We just finished some major fixes in 5.0, so keep an eye open. :smiley:

Cool. Thanks for the updates!

For the past couple of months, I have had the pleasure of working with a UI framework, that have one huge feature that Bootstrap lacks: Customizer

It’s called ‘UIkit’ and is developed by YOOtheme in Germany. The framework is Open source, and partially compatible with Bootstrap (lacks some css class aliases).
I would really like to demo the framework to you, Trevor, and if you contact me on skype (Evanion), I would be happy to show it to you.

Bootstrap would be a great salepoint for customers that have webdesign experience, but UIkit will be a salepoint for EVERYONE.

[QUOTE=Evanion;22921]For the past couple of months, I have had the pleasure of working with a UI framework, that have one huge feature that Bootstrap lacks: Customizer

It’s called ‘UIkit’ and is developed by YOOtheme in Germany. The framework is Open source, and partially compatible with Bootstrap (lacks some css class aliases).
I would really like to demo the framework to you, Trevor, and if you contact me on skype (Evanion), I would be happy to show it to you.

Bootstrap would be a great salepoint for customers that have webdesign experience, but UIkit will be a salepoint for EVERYONE.[/QUOTE]

Neato man.

I’m going to look in to it :D.

Edit: Took a look. This is very beautiful. Like it more than Bootstrap.

Ideally, I want to have our backend hook to whichever JS/CSS the theme maker chooses. Gotta figure out the best way to do this.

Tim and I are going to be talking about overhauling our JavaScript libraries EVENTUALLY, so it’s good you’re keeping your eyes open. <3