Can't create pointer domain?

Hi,

I did a misstake and added a zone in nodeworx for a domain that should only be a pointer domain for a customer. When in customers siteworx account I could not create the pointer domain - " ? Error: Both domains already exist, unable to create alias."
When I realized the misstake (one should create the domain from siteworx (pointer domain) and not first in Nodeworx as a regular zone), I deleted the zone in Nodeworx.

I can however not create the pointer domain after this, still recieve the same error.
I have flushed and restarted the nameservers but problem persist.

How can I recover? Seems that the domain info is still in the system somewhere.

Thank you
-tsl-

Hi tsl,

Could you open a ticket with your root and nodeworx login info, and provide the domain/poiinter domain in question? You could be correct, but we’ll need to check it out to be sure.

Thanks,
Socheat

Thanks Socheat,

The ticket is created with login info.

-tsl-

I’m having the same sort of problem now. I can’t seem to add a pointer domain. However, I don’t get any kind of error message. I’m not getting any message at all. It’s not adding any zone records either, just so know. How can I correct this?

What OS are you using out of interest?

Have you checked the ~iworx/var/log/iworx.log file to see if it’s actually doing anything?

You read my mind, EverythingWeb. :slight_smile:

I’m running CentOS and I haven’t checked the log because I wasn’t aware of it. I’m still new to this control panel.

You haven’t made a bad choice - I can tell you that :wink:

I would suggest this:

tail -f /home/interworx/var/log/iworx.log

This will spool the log, while it’s doing this, try to perform the function you’re struggling with and it may give you an indication of what’s going on. :slight_smile:

Given its now been over 13 months we’ve been running with Interworx, I cant say I’ve been happier, and running a FC4 box surely has opened my eyes to a few things - as unfortunately you know about :wink: LOL

In the SiteWorx main menu, select Hosting Features > Domains > Pointer.
In the Domain field, type the domain to be pointed to the target domain.
Verify the Points To field indicates the desired target domain, and click Add.