Qmail inbound / local queue

I’ve never seen this before, but I have 6 emails sitting in the local Q seen through NodeWorx. Normally I have only seen local Q when i happen to refresh it when a mail is being delivered, but if you refresh a second later it has cleared was i think it would since its a local delivery.

Also, one of the 6 emails shows a date of “Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:36:07 -0800” the others are from this past weekend.

What would cause items to get stuck here?

Mail says in the queue until it is successfully delivered. For some reason the other mail server can’t be reached. It will keep trying to deliver the email for a period of time specified and then eventually give up.

Mail says in the queue until it is successfully delivered. For some reason the other mail server can’t be reached. It will keep trying to deliver the email for a period of time specified and then eventually give up.

This is true, however if you read more closely:

I've never seen this before, but I have 6 emails sitting in the [B]local [/B]Q seen through NodeWorx. Normally I have only seen local Q when i happen to refresh it when a mail is being delivered, but if you refresh a second later it has cleared was i think it would [B]since its a local deliver[/B]y.

So it wouldn’t be an issue with not being able to reach the remote server.

Thought I would update this.

I put in a ticket and Paul caught the fact that there was a space in the beginning of the email address < bob@aol.com> so I guess that was giving Qmail or Vdelivermail a hard time. Normally if there is a bad address the email is just silently dropped so not sure why it didn’t work for these.

I just went ahead and deleted the mail in the local Q.