Does interworx support HA?

Hi,

As the title suggests I wanted to know if interworx clustering supports HA? If not can it be added by adding another more advanced load balancer on top of the servers. I am not too sure but I read this in the forums that the current clustering model only distributes requests between servers based on the loads on the servers but if the server is down it still keeps forwarding requests to that server.

Also how is mysql requests handledwith clustering enabled. Can we assign a single server to process all the mysql requests?

Many thanks

[quote=justwandr;10129]Hi,

As the title suggests I wanted to know if interworx clustering supports HA? [/quote]

No, not yet – and there is no ETA on this

If not can it be added by adding another more advanced load balancer on top of the servers.

I’m not 100% sure what you as asking. Chris will have to address this one

I am not too sure but I read this in the forums that the current clustering model only distributes requests between servers based on the loads on the servers but if the server is down it still keeps forwarding requests to that server.

This is corect.

Also how is mysql requests handledwith clustering enabled. Can we assign a single server to process all the mysql requests?

Wait for Chris’s confirmation on this but I believe MySQL is handled by the CM (cluster manager).

Currently, only the CM can act as the mysql server, and it’s not possible to assign another server to by the database server.

I thought in v3 it would have a CM replication/monitoring available (with heartbeat or something like tjis)

Does it means in V3 there won’t have a CM replication/monitoring available ?

Pascal

[quote=pascal;10139]I thought in v3 it would have a CM replication/monitoring available (with heartbeat or something like tjis)

Does it means in V3 there won’t have a CM replication/monitoring available ?

Pascal[/quote]

Another question for Chris :wink: I alerted him to this threas with an email yesterday, I’m sure he’ll chime in here as he has time.

Still waiting…

We are very interested in this as well.
We are looking for a solution that will do clustering for mysql & apache -
At present with all the current control panel we are using (total of 26 servers ) i see no reason to move unless this is an option. (not that our current option gives us HA - but since we are non-profit the system is fairly cheap for us)

HA sucks, they should use keepalived.

What??? mysql isnt clusted? mysql 5 has clustering built in and its been in since 4.1
http://www.mysql.com/products/database/cluster/

[quote=abefroman;10173]HA sucks, they should use keepalived.

What??? mysql isnt clusted? mysql 5 has clustering built in and its been in since 4.1
http://www.mysql.com/products/database/cluster/[/quote]

I’m pretty sure you could set this up yourself without any issues, but it would be complicated and the InterWorx team probably wouldn’t support it at this time.

Does IW plan on impleanting clustering for mysql and keepalived/HA in the near future?

I’m sure its pretty high up on the “to-do list”… but I’m still waiting for the next version of InterWorx to be released which will be a big stepping stone in IW development.

Thank you for checking us out!

I guess that depends on what your deffinition of “in the near future” is. If you mean by the end of the year then I would say no. We don’t have a specific timetable for this but I know it’s not coded yet, so if this is your requirement then I’d say keep your current provider for now and check us out again sometime next year and maybe by that time we will have what you want.

Chris is apparently in short supply these days :slight_smile:

Yes, HA is on the list and an ldirectord solution has already been started (don’t read this as it’s close to done). As for MySQL, it can be put on a single-use box but there are no docs on the subject nor is it officially supported. It’s not tough to do and some poking around in the iworx.ini will give you hits as to how it’s done. This will be a future option as well.

Chris

Chris is apparently in short supply these days
It seems that IWorx-Dustin too is absent in the forums for a long time.

Yep, IWorx-Dustin has gone on to bigger and brighter things. IWorx-Chris is just lazy and has no excuse.

Well if you are busy you can borrow this Chris. He’s really good at taking up space and not doing any work :slight_smile:

Just make sure when you guys hammer out HA that we have the ability to set up multiple clusters of clusters :slight_smile: As in, east coast and west coast clusters :slight_smile: Yes I know I know… but so long as there is some support to pull something like this off :slight_smile: It would be quite handy for a couple of companies I know.