Ipv6 ?

Hi,

Is interworx ready for IPV6 ? Tip’s ? (i’ve never used it )

Thank you in advance

Paulo

I cant see why you’d use it though, as in most cases it would be behind a NAT firewall, and you only need a range of static IPs for SSL or dedicated servers. I could however see it being useful as IP V6 becomes deployed in more data centers and on more connections. Currently it’s mainly backbones that use IPV6 due to lack of support from consumer kit.

Hi,

On our datacenter is already being used, CentOS (and other *nix) already as support for it and as according to the latest previsions, IPv4 addresses will be running out on 2011-2

Currently there are a number of applications that still do not natively support IPv6, with exception of webmin (hehehe), i could found any control panel that has support for it. :wink:

Thats why we asked if the Interworx control panel as already a solution for using IPv6

Regards

True, mainly because companies that dont need IPs buy them for no reason.

Having said that I think I better buy another block of IPs as they are hard to come by thesedays.

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread here, but is there any update on Interworx supporting IPv6?

I know its not an easy thing to do, but it would be nice to at least get an indication that it was being worked on, and what kind of approach is planned… Especially given the current situation.

Thanks,

Jon

Hey hackamn,
Right now all of our service packages (dns, db, web, etc) should be IPv6 compatible (99% sure of that because we’re still testing internally). Our DNS management system in InterWorx (/nodeworx/dns/zones) will be IPv6 compatible when InterWorx 4.8 is released, but provisioning SiteWorx accounts and IP Management have not yet been converted (and may not make it into InterWorx 4.8).

We fully intend to have full IPv6 compatibility as soon as we can. Since supporting IPv6 will change some very core concepts in InterWorx we want to take our time and ensure that we ship a quality IPv6 compatible product.

Hi Jon,

There is a schedule date for the siteworx account provisioning with ipv6 to be ready ? (on fresh install ?)

TIA

Paulo

At the moment we don’t have a scheduled release date, sorry.

[QUOTE=hacman;17993]Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread here, but is there any update on Interworx supporting IPv6?

Jon[/QUOTE]
You know I never understood why some people get mad or irritated by so called “old posts” being reactivated (just saying, no one here has said anything but there are those at some forums act like you uncovered a pile of poop or something if some one reply’s to a old thread).
The age of the post is not as near as important as the relevancy of the post. In this case the deciscusion of IPV6 is just as important now as it was in 2009. OK that is my pet peeve for the day…

Thanks Jon for giving an update to the development of IPv6 in how it relates to IW, I was wondering how that was being addressed.

[QUOTE=R-n-R;18000]You know I never understood why some people get mad or irritated by so called “old posts” being reactivated (just saying, no one here has said anything but there are those at some forums act like you uncovered a pile of poop or something if some one reply’s to a old thread).
The age of the post is not as near as important as the relevancy of the post. In this case the deciscusion of IPV6 is just as important now as it was in 2009. OK that is my pet peeve for the day…

Thanks Jon for giving an update to the development of IPv6 in how it relates to IW, I was wondering how that was being addressed.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is (on other forums) people yell at you for starting new threads that already exist and at the same time yell at your for bring an old thread back to life. Rock and a hard place. :smiley:

I know you said you don’t have a date, but do you think it’ll be ready before World IPv6 Day?

http://isoc.org/wp/worldipv6day/

[QUOTE=johan_hammy;18019]I know you said you don’t have a date, but do you think it’ll be ready before World IPv6 Day?
http://isoc.org/wp/worldipv6day/[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a worthy goal! :slight_smile:

Paul

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;18020]Sounds like a worthy goal! :slight_smile:

Paul[/QUOTE]

Thats great! :wink:

So how did that work out, being a couple months after IPv6 day?

I would like an update on this issue (And DNSSEC, but thats another issue). I read that it had been bumped from 4.8, but was ‘front-and-center for the next release’. Well, as it stands now, we are at 4.9.3, and still no IPv6 provisioning.

With customers starting to inquire about IPv6 support, this is quickly rising in our priority list.

Ours as well! It’s in very active development. Much of the basic ipv6 integration work is complete - currently we’re working on modifications to the account backup/import process as it relates to ipv6.

Beyond just the ability to add an ipv6 address to a domain, we’ll have a feature we call ipv6 pools, from which ipv6 addresses can be pulled and added to the server “on demand”.

Further, at the same time, we’re adding the option to assign extra ipv4 and ipv6 addresses to SiteWorx accounts, meaning a SiteWorx account could have a separate IP for each secondary domain, and therefore, SSL on each secondary domain as well.

A lot of work is going into getting all these things right. I’d say the release with these features is not less than a month out, but it is certainly progressing quickly at this point.

Paul

These two features sound very exciting! Can’t wait!

Jon

Extra Bump

I’m in the process of aquiring an ASNumber and my initial allocation of IPv4 addresses from Arin and they are out! but are still granting some IPs they have available.

That being said, they are really PUSHING HARD to get ISPs to start using IPv6.

I’m very glad Interworx is working on this as I see it being a major issue sooner rather than later.

I need to read up on how it all works, I’m worried if I have IPv6 addresses will anyone on the internet be able to see those sites? Just curious, I only started looking at this today.

http://forums.interworx.com/showthread.php?p=19559#post19559

Hi all! Finally! We’ll be releasing an IPv6-ready beta of InterWorx, hopefully June 5th. Please chime in on the linked thread if you want to keep up to date.

@Marc - InterWorx has implemented everything as full dual-stack, which means all your sites will have IPv4 and IPv6.

Tim