SSL questions

Hello,

My customers dont like seeing a ‘This site is not trusted message’ and neither do I when trying to access Node/SiteWorx.

Would a standard GoDaddy $25 SSL cert do that job? Can I link that to the IP address for siteworx, what is the best way of setting that up?

Regards

[QUOTE=hausjellp;17299]Hello,

My customers dont like seeing a ‘This site is not trusted message’ and neither do I when trying to access Node/SiteWorx.

Would a standard GoDaddy $25 SSL cert do that job? Can I link that to the IP address for siteworx, what is the best way of setting that up?

Regards[/QUOTE]

In my experience, no it would not do the job. You would need a SSL cert for each domain (since the SSL cert would be tied to the resolved domain name, and not the IP? that’s my understanding anyway) — but someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong!

If thats the case I would also need an IP per account, this seems kind of backwards - where can we turn SSL off for siteworx?

If they all access SiteWorx/NodeWorx through the same URL, your server’s FQDN/hostname, for example, a cheap SSL certificate would work just fine.

However, if they try to use https://theirdomain.tld:2443/, their browser would still show an invalid certificate warning.