X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justec
    replied
    Thanks for the update Brett.

For the email account in question I've lower my score threshold to 1.8! This is why I say I usually have 2 or 3 good emails going into the Spam folder. Just crazy that real emails getting marked above 1.8 and spammy ones coming in just fine.

I understand the amount of spam anyone gets can vary, but the percentage of spam going into my inbox vs spam folder isn't good. Most of them aren't even kind of spammy, but blatant spam and the same emails over and over that I have added to Learn Spam. So it sounds like a new version might just help with scoring messages better.

Also, thanks for the other ideas / links. For now I'm not going to worry about it and will wait for the new update in the coming month or so.

Leave a comment:

• Licensecart
    replied
    Originally posted by d2d4j View Post
    Hi mike

I think that's a good adjustment point, but once set, is usually never touched.

Sorry, think you mean nodeworx/system settings, mail/spam

Many thanks

John
    Yeah :) you can set it in siteworx too if they don't like that either. I was lazy haha and put the url :D

For siteworx user can go to Administration > Mail options > Spam settings :)

Leave a comment:

• d2d4j
    replied
    Hi mike

I think that's a good adjustment point, but once set, is usually never touched.

Sorry, think you mean nodeworx/system settings, mail/spam

Many thanks

John

Leave a comment:

• Licensecart
    replied
    You could go to: /nodeworx/mail/spam

And put this as the SMTP Spam Score Threshold: 4

After I used that on InterWorx a year ago, I've not got any spam and only the emails I need. If you don't want to be that strict you could use a 6 or 7.

Leave a comment:

• d2d4j
    replied
    Hi justec

Spam has and always will be a issue, not least because one person spam is not another's

Have you seen this post to mitigate your spam better, by creating new rules which content block etc...

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=25514

Also, you may want to look at spamdyke, which helps with stopping spam before it is accepted.

Looking forward to 5.1 though

Many thanks

John

Leave a comment:

• IWorx-Brett
    replied
    SpamAssassin will be updated in the next release, which should help mitigate that. We're also making a system to auto-build updates to 3rd party tools like SpamAssassin, so following the next release (5.1), updates those tools should be much more timely.

5.1 is a big release, though -- will be at least a couple weeks before it hits the beta channel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X