X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2d4j View Post
    Hi albahost

Welcome to IW forums

Glad your liking IW and apologies, I read your post on CPanel import but just waited to see if you added any spam links after a few days.

I guess the import issue from CPanel may be due to username been longer then 8 characters (nico reported this yesterday to IW) but whatever the issue, IW do take control panel importing very serious and fixes pushed out quickly

Hopefully nico May post their experiences

Many thanks

John
    Hi John,

No it's not about the long username since i tried with long and less, same issue. It does not import /home/username/* but only /home/username/public_html/* that's why i emailed support about this. And Jenna replied that they are gona to fix it but no ETA.

Comment

We've been hit with this cPanel price raise as well. Interested to see there are alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by HarveyKey View Post
        We've been hit with this cPanel price raise as well. Interested to see there are alternatives.
        Here you have, only alternative with rich features seems to be interworx. And we choosed interworx aswell ;)

Comment

AlbaHost d2d4j
          The importer does fail when your username in cPanel is longer than 8 characters, I can confirm as I had some failures reported to Interworx. Just go in cPanel/WHM and rename the username to 8 characters and your good to go for that part. Just realise if you added a second disc or for whatever reason changed the /home to /home2 not sure what happens with the importer. but 'standard' /home/user/ should not give any errors.
          Nico
          Last edited by Nico; 09-22-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico View Post
            AlbaHost d2d4j
            The importer does fail when your username in cPanel is longer than 8 characters, I can confirm as I had some failures reported to Interworx. Just go in cPanel/WHM and rename the username to 8 characters and your good to go for that part. Just realise if you added a second disc or for whatever reason changed the /home to /home2 not sure what happens with the importer. but 'standard' /home/user/ should not give any errors.
            Nico
            Hi Nico,

So basically username has to be exactly 8 character or no longer as 8 character? I ask since i have tried with less than 8 character and without success. Notified Jenna/support about this and they responded:

Hello--

I just checked our bug report system and it looks like there is a report on file for this issue. I'm going to bump it with the dev team, but I do not have an ETA. Unfortunately, at this time, you might have to move over those specific files and folders manually.

Thanks,
            -Jenna

Ticket Details
            ===================

Comment

AlbaHost
              Hi, I filled the bug that if longer than 8 it fails with weird error, nothing from error indicates what exactly, but I used the GUI. any shorter or exact 8 is no issue at all.
              Hope that helps.

But there could be many other errors possible, for example, you have accounts with software who creates 777 and 666 folders like Prestashop does. then again your stuck importing. basically anything you can think of what can go wrong you have to check the account for. Try only one account with the Mass importer.... and compare with the ones who gave no issues... Filerights is the one very likely. Databases with wrong collation and so on....
              Nico
              Last edited by Nico; 09-22-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Hi

AlbaHost Nico

Excellent posts thank you

I do suspect it would need to be set to 8 characters (no symbols, special characters, spaces, all lowercase etc...) in cPanel first. Then try import

The reason for thinking that is it is unix name

If a new siteworx account is created (note not imported), and uses the domain name to create the unix name. So if say 2sh.co.uk, then the unix name is twoshcou

Now say if cPanel import of same domain using name twoshcouk, then interworx would set unix name as twoshcou and look for that

I could be entirely wrong as I do not have any cPanel accounts to import to test with

Nico I know has imported a lot so kudos to Nico for posting his experiences which Iím sure helps

I would think permissions should not stop import but until correct permissions applied, the website would not work as expected.

The database import should not stop import but not correctly create a full database (so website not work fully) until a dump and correct set changed or IW change to match

Many thanks

John

Comment

d2d4j
                  Hi John, in a batch of 30+ 3 failed to import because of the wrong DB collation, so yes, it is an issue, the database was extended over the years and cPanel last change was the new one and it failed with #1273 - Unknown collation: 'utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci' replace it with utf8mb4_unicode_ci in cPanel and import goes fine....
                  Kind regards,
                  Nico

Comment

d2d4j
                    Hi John, in a batch of 30+ 3 failed to import because of the wrong DB collation, so yes, it is an issue, the database was extended over the years and cPanel last change was the new one and it failed with #1273 - Unknown collation: 'utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci' replace it with utf8mb4_unicode_ci in cPanel and import goes fine....
                    Kind regards,
                    Nico
                    Im not sure about your accounts movement from cpanel to interworx, since we have alot of users that uses IRCd/eggdrop etc irc related services with a bin/bash shell access i was not able to move them only public_html. I still think that there is a issue with interworx because even if you create an user with shell access it gives the shell directory in /chroot/home/user which from file manager you cannot access it as an user. It should create in /home/user so that a siteworx user can access the files from filemanager.

Cheers.
                    Last edited by AlbaHost; 09-22-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

AlbaHost by default installation all users get /chroot/home this to make easy transfer to loadbalancing, if you don't want it you need to give option to install only in /home. But I have not spend time to find out how as I want to swap to that later. :-)

Comment

Hi

Nico - many thanks and sorry, I did not mean it was not issue - just an easy solution to resolve outside of import sorry

AlbaHost - I understand what your saying but file manager is not connected with import - so thats a different issue and one which has been mentioned before on forums and support tickets.

I guess the import was successful but cannot access from file manager

Ftp program would be able to access those areas and there are pro and cons for file manager to not be able to access those areas

Many thanks

John

Comment

AlbaHost by default installation all users get /chroot/home this to make easy transfer to loadbalancing, if you don't want it you need to give option to install only in /home. But I have not spend time to find out how as I want to swap to that later. :-)
                          Installation for non shell users are by default /home/user, if you create shell access to the user it will automatically generate into /chroot/home/user, which in file manager you will not see nor modify any file that actually you can do it on SSH to that user. That's what i can see on my current test server with interworx, i hope i might be wrong...

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by d2d4j View Post
                            Hi

Nico - many thanks and sorry, I did not mean it was not issue - just an easy solution to resolve outside of import sorry

AlbaHost - I understand what your saying but file manager is not connected with import - so thats a different issue and one which has been mentioned before on forums and support tickets.

I guess the import was successful but cannot access from file manager

Ftp program would be able to access those areas and there are pro and cons for file manager to not be able to access those areas

Many thanks

John
                            John,

To be real i actually haven't checked that throught ftp, but i might try it right now and will update this thread.
                            EDIT:
                            As mentioned in my previous posts, John, it does not import outside /home/user/public_html from cpanel. If you wan't a proof do let me know.

Cheers.
                            Last edited by AlbaHost; 09-22-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

AlbaHost d2d4j
                              If you mean any folder above cPanels public_html, yes, that's correct finding and I mentioned it, because Softaculous puts files in there on cPanel, and now with the import all users Softaculous information is gone, not so good, also some applications used it, and those I had to transfer with sftp accross... the import script is not perfect and a lot to figure out, I have done now 70+ accounts and knowing all up-front..... Directadmin had no such issues to be honest.. best of luck.

Comment

AlbaHost d2d4j
                                If you mean any folder above cPanels public_html, yes, that's correct finding and I mentioned it, because Softaculous puts files in there on cPanel, and now with the import all users Softaculous information is gone, not so good, also some applications used it, and those I had to transfer with sftp accross... the import script is not perfect and a lot to figure out, I have done now 70+ accounts and knowing all up-front..... Directadmin had no such issues to be honest.. best of luck.
                                You are so right about directadmin, the only think that i don't like to directadmin is the interface GUI etc. That's why we are testing interworx, althrought directadmin gives more possiblities, choices about webserver caches etc, while in interworx fast non exist such things and there are almost no wiki/docs and or any post/thread even if you search throught google you will find so little infor about anything regarding interworx....

Comment

Working...
                                X