Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets's encrypt SSL certificate, issues with mail clients.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

@albahost

IW tech/support do not often post on forums but do keep watching forums.

I donít mind helping/mod on forums as it leaves IW to get on with business

I often also forward threads which are important and where posters have issues, request they open a support ticket directly by nodeworx remote support so they could see whatís going on/wrong

I will check our test server when Iím back but maybe tommorow as I still have 160 miles still to go

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi John,

I do really appricate your help and support, but there are something that we don't know better than the one who created this software. And because due for the lack of support here, this place including this software makes really shady. Even centos webpanel have more members and support which is so young in marketplace instead of interworx... Believe me or not, sometimes i think that using this software, feels that we are in our own.
      Last edited by AlbaHost; 09-26-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Hi albahost

Many thanks

I hear what your saying but the forums are followed by forum users who are very knowledgeable and also IW

Mostly, IW just works lovely so the forums tend to be quieter

CPanel import, I canít really test as I do not have any CPanel to import but IW take it seriously and as I understand, CPanel changes so the import needs changing.

If you have any doubt over IW Support, then next time you have an issue, open a support ticket with IW and you will see support is available.

Please remember IW are in USA so time difference needs allowing for.

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi Albahost--

I totally understand your concern as to the lack of our presence on the forum and it is something that we are aware we all need to put a better effort into. However, InterWorx is a really small company--we are literally, right now, four people (three devs and me as support/billing/sales,etc). So, unfortunately, between development and support needs, the forum ends up falling through the cracks. That is why we are so, so thankful for John for being the absolute best and volunteering as admin because he can then direct us to the tickets (like this one! ) where direct response is required.

If you are experiencing issues or have questions, though, and want direct input from one of us, we really recommend submitting a ticket to the helpdesk: https://support.interworx.com/index....kets&_a=submit

Our support hours are M-F 7:30am - 3:30pm, EST, however, for tickets that are submitted a high or urgent priority after hours, we get notifications to our phones. If it is before midnight, EST, 99% of the time, someone (usually me ) will be able to respond within the hour. After midnight, the message usually wakes me up, but sometimes I do not get to it until morning.

There are some internal changes that are in the works right now, and we will be expanding a bit, so that will hopefully allow more time for us to be more active on here.

Hopefully this helps a bit to alleviate some concerns.

-Jenna

Comment

Originally posted by IWorx-Jenna View Post
            Hi Albahost--

I totally understand your concern as to the lack of our presence on the forum and it is something that we are aware we all need to put a better effort into. However, InterWorx is a really small company--we are literally, right now, four people (three devs and me as support/billing/sales,etc). So, unfortunately, between development and support needs, the forum ends up falling through the cracks. That is why we are so, so thankful for John for being the absolute best and volunteering as admin because he can then direct us to the tickets (like this one! ) where direct response is required.

If you are experiencing issues or have questions, though, and want direct input from one of us, we really recommend submitting a ticket to the helpdesk: https://support.interworx.com/index....kets&_a=submit

Our support hours are M-F 7:30am - 3:30pm, EST, however, for tickets that are submitted a high or urgent priority after hours, we get notifications to our phones. If it is before midnight, EST, 99% of the time, someone (usually me ) will be able to respond within the hour. After midnight, the message usually wakes me up, but sometimes I do not get to it until morning.

There are some internal changes that are in the works right now, and we will be expanding a bit, so that will hopefully allow more time for us to be more active on here.

Hopefully this helps a bit to alleviate some concerns.

-Jenna
            Hey Jenna,

Thank you for your response, i actually was not concerned about support tickets because as per my experience you are very fast over the ticket response, my main concern is here on the forum and wiki/docs etc. I really love this software and wan't that more and more users will use it. But as because i stated in my previous post due for the lack of support here, and too little wiki/docs it makes this beautyfull software shady. I really wish that you grow more and more, and that's why i invited you to lowendtalk because each ISP,software devs/support etc are in there. In this way did directadmin growed alot. But it seems that your CEO don't even wan't to grow it... Now i understand why are here lack of support/wiki/docs because with 4 employees working hard it will not give the time to help/listen our requests here over the forum.
            Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond to this forum. Do you have any ETA for the issue with import from cPanel to interworx that is limited to the usernames no more than 8 characters and to support migration the whole user directory i.e /home/user/* instead of /home/user/public_html/*? Because we are still waiting for this issue to be fixed so that we can move to interworx from whm cpanel.

Cheers.

Comment

AlbaHost d2d4j

Yeah, thanks to John who did help me I came this far, otherwise I would have gone to Directadmin...
              Last edited by Nico; 09-27-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbaHost View Post

Hey Jenna,

Thank you for your response, i actually was not concerned about support tickets because as per my experience you are very fast over the ticket response, my main concern is here on the forum and wiki/docs etc. I really love this software and wan't that more and more users will use it. But as because i stated in my previous post due for the lack of support here, and too little wiki/docs it makes this beautyfull software shady. I really wish that you grow more and more, and that's why i invited you to lowendtalk because each ISP,software devs/support etc are in there. In this way did directadmin growed alot. But it seems that your CEO don't even wan't to grow it... Now i understand why are here lack of support/wiki/docs because with 4 employees working hard it will not give the time to help/listen our requests here over the forum.
                Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond to this forum. Do you have any ETA for the issue with import from cPanel to interworx that is limited to the usernames no more than 8 characters and to support migration the whole user directory i.e /home/user/* instead of /home/user/public_html/*? Because we are still waiting for this issue to be fixed so that we can move to interworx from whm cpanel.

Cheers.

I remember your ticket, now. :) I am not really familiar with lowendtalk, and it is on my list of things to check out, but I haven't had a moment to do so, yet. :(

I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding wiki/doc--do you mean public documentation? That does exist, here: https://www.interworx.com/support/

If you mean something else, would you be able to clarify?

Some of the articles for the support docs may have some wonky formatting at the moment--we recently migrated to a new Wordpress instance when the site was redesigned and...it didn't go well. So I've been manually updating all of the docs to get them back up to snuff, but it has been a process, unfortunately. Work in progress, though. :)

We were recently purchased by Liquidweb as part of their merger with Nexcess (our parent company), so a LOT is in the works and restructuring/expanding is occurring, which will help with a balance to allow me to be more active on the forums and such.

Regarding the Cpanel import issue--I don't have an ETA on a permanent fix at the moment, however, the issue can be worked around by following these steps:

-In NodeWorx, under Server > Settings, enable Debug mode. This will provide you access to the iworx database.
                -Navigate to System Services > MySQL Server > PHPMyAdmin and choose iworxDB from the dropdown
                -Click on Iworx > iworx and then select the SiteWorx table ( you will have to click the arrow in the menu to see the second page of tables)
                -Using the Structure tab, check the box next to uniquename and then click Change. Up the value to 16 and then click Save

That will allow usernames longer than 8 characters to be imported.

If you'd like, I can do this for you, just bump your ticket for me in the helpdesk so I know the login info. :)

Comment

Hi

AlbaHost Nico @jenna

To be honest, the forums tends to be quiet because IW just works usually once setup

The import scripts are not perfect but then again, everything is fluid and changing and IW do an excellent job and trying to keep up

I think I would personally like to have quick support over support on forums as it usually resolved issues quicker and cleaner and I know IW do an excellent job of clear reasons for issues.

Then users usually post the resolution so it may help others.

Kudos to IW

Many thanks

John

Comment

IWorx-Jenna
                    Hi Jenna, I double checked that value, on the servers I struggled to import longer than 8 characters in user-name, the value in the uniqname is varchar(16) so it looks to me the problem is not on the server but perhaps in the import script.
                    Kind regards,
                    Nico

Comment

Originally posted by Nico View Post
                      IWorx-Jenna
                      Hi Jenna, I double checked that value, on the servers I struggled to import longer than 8 characters in user-name, the value in the uniqname is varchar(16) so it looks to me the problem is not on the server but perhaps in the import script.
                      Kind regards,
                      Nico
                      Nico

I just checked the bug fix log, and it looks like we pushed through a hotfix earlier in the week that changed that field to 16 characters (I missed that one, so AlbaHost , you should be good without going into the database). It was 8 prior to that. So if you just checked that table and saw it is 16, that is why. It was not 16 when you were having the import issues. If you want to test, try to import a Cpanel account with a username that is longer than 8 characters. It should import without that error, now, but let me know if it does, and update your ticket with the login credentials and how to reproduce so I can take a look. :)

Comment

Working...
                      X