Any news about DNS Only?

I have heard hintings about a DNS only option for more than a year now, I’ve been told a few times in tickets/email that it’s coming eventually. I’m curious if it’s in the timeline sometime soon, or if it’s still going to be months/years away.

I love interworx and really enjoy doing it…but in my current situation it’s hard to justify a continued license fee for a few servers that are only syncing DNS and doing nothing else. Would love to be able to reduce this cost sometime soon…

Check https://licensecart.com, I think they can help you!

not sure how they could help me…

Staxed I can help you, I wrote a DNS Slave API for interworx using hooks that integrates with BIND, does that work for you?

Workflow:
Add domain > if domain not listed, add domain to slave.
Remove Domain > Does nothing.
Update Domain > notify slaves of new domain

I also integrated 3rd party dns (godaddy premium dns) into my premise dns servers using standard bind configurations.

Hi.jacobdevans

Sounds good for those that want to use bind.

It would be lovely if you could post your hooks for others who may want to use it.

Many thanks

John

DSS is talking about the Free 1 domain license InterWorx offer which can be used for DNS clustering. Well apparently anyway as Brett wanted the 1 domain to provide a free secure alternative and for DNS clustering.

ooh, I didn’t even know about that…didn’t see it announced anywhere…I’ll have to get in touch :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jacobdevans;28085]Staxed I can help you, I wrote a DNS Slave API for interworx using hooks that integrates with BIND, does that work for you?

Workflow:
Add domain > if domain not listed, add domain to slave.
Remove Domain > Does nothing.
Update Domain > notify slaves of new domain

I also integrated 3rd party dns (godaddy premium dns) into my premise dns servers using standard bind configurations.[/QUOTE]

Hi, Jacob,

I’m interesed on that API … can you release it ?

Regards

Paulo