DNS Settings for a domain using Office 365 for mail?

Good morning.

I have a client who is moving their website to our Interworx Hosting, but they currently have Office 365 for their email and are going to continue with it. Microsoft has a laundry list of DNS settings necessary for that to function properly, but some of the records they want added are not acceptable through the InterWorx DNS Web Interface…

The general instructions they give are here : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-DNS-records-for-Office-365-at-any-DNS-hosting-provider-7b7b075d-79f9-4e37-8a9e-fb60c1d95166

Has anyone else gotten this configuration to work in Interworx?

Thanks!

Phil D. Malmstrom
philm@diamondcomputer.com

Hi diamondcomputer

Yes, we have a lot of clients using office 365, works lovely

I believe on the later IW versions, these DNS settings are available to the siteworx account.

If there not, you need to add them using nodeworx account

To be honest, the way you set them up in IW is far easier then some DNS systems from other companies.

If you want to give an example, I could take some screenshots or simply let you which to add and what to use each setting for, but from memory, you are adding a SRV record, mx and SPF

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;28258]Hi diamondcomputer

Yes, we have a lot of clients using office 365, works lovely

I believe on the later IW versions, these DNS settings are available to the siteworx account.

If there not, you need to add them using nodeworx account

To be honest, the way you set them up in IW is far easier then some DNS systems from other companies.

If you want to give an example, I could take some screenshots or simply let you which to add and what to use each setting for, but from memory, you are adding a SRV record, mx and SPF

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Hi John, and thanks for replying.

The official directions from MS for creating the DNS records indicate things like using “@” for the hostname on the MX record, and “autodiscover”, “linkdiscover”, “msoid” and “sip” CNAME records… None of which are allowed by the Interworx GUI for DNS. Could you tell me how you addressed these?

Thanks!

Phil

Hi Phil
Many thanks, and please see picture of correct settings, which was taken from a client but their details removed for privacy
autodiscover etc you see as Cname entries, and SRv are straightforward to enter
The domain name and NS have been blicked, but could understand better if you put a domain name where it is blank i.e.autodiscover.domain.url CNAME autodiscover.outlook.com etc
I hope it makes sense, but if you prefer, you can set me up as a siteworx account on your server, PM login details and the records you want to see setup, and I’ll set them up so you can then see the records, then delete the siteworx account when finished.
Or I can manually type out the settings to use, but I need time to do this sorry and it will be tommorow before I have time sorry.
I hope that is alright and helps
Many thanks
John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;28266]Hi Phil
Many thanks, and please see picture of correct settings, which was taken from a client but their details removed for privacy
autodiscover etc you see as Cname entries, and SRv are straightforward to enter
The domain name and NS have been blicked, but could understand better if you put a domain name where it is blank i.e.autodiscover.domain.url CNAME autodiscover.outlook.com etc
I hope it makes sense, but if you prefer, you can set me up as a siteworx account on your server, PM login details and the records you want to see setup, and I’ll set them up so you can then see the records, then delete the siteworx account when finished.
Or I can manually type out the settings to use, but I need time to do this sorry and it will be tommorow before I have time sorry.
I hope that is alright and helps
Many thanks
John[/QUOTE]

Actually John this was very helpful. Thank you! I’ll hit you back up if I have any issues.

Thanks again!

Phil