Backpup script remote transfer to SFTP not possible

Nomather how i try i can’t get it work.
Using synology nas sftp server and it’s working without any problem but interworx backup script remote transefer is not working (trying scp).

Really no sftp option and i’m fu**ed or theres some solution?

Hi VMK

What port are you using SFTP, should be port 24 unless you changed it

Is there anything blocking the connection - firewall etc… either upstream of server or server firewall etc…

Can you ping the device you are trying to upload to

Can you test SFTP on IW-CP by using ftp and setting the connection to SFTP port 24 (or port you changed to)

Many thanks

John

Hello!

Could you provide a bit more information regarding the remote transfer not working? Are you receiving a specific error?

Thanks!
-Jenna

Hi,
Port is changed, anyway this is not a problem i tested same canged port and ubuntu linux server then everything worked.
If i try to transfeer backups to synology NAS device then it’s not. I send exact error information later, there was nothing special only Connection error or something.

Hello again,

Finally find some time to test it again, problem is still there…
Tryed every way but still get error messages “SCP Permission Denied” or “SCP File Not Found”.
If i tested sftp server with computer ftp client then it’s working.

Anybody?? any solutions?

Hi vmk

A thought, could it be the ciphers which are not matching or the initial connection is not accepting the keys on first connection to store - scp I thought on very first connection ask you to accept keys I think

Have you got back to IW-Jenna with your log as your previous post

Many thanks

John

@vmk

If you are still experiencing the issue, please submit a support ticket to support.interworx.com. Include in the ticket details your IP and the port if it is anything other than 22. Also, enable remote assistance.

In the ticket, please provide the exact issue, specific steps as to how it can be reproduced, and any logging you may have.

For information to others:
Interworx server’s backup script is not supportin sftp as file transfeer option. Only supported solutions are classical ftp or scp command.

Another basic thing what seems to be to complicated for iw.

Hi vmk

I hope your well and keeping safe

Please could I ask what IW actually stated as I would think IW-Jenna would have updated this thread. They are very honest and upfront

Many thanks

John

Hi,

I contacted directly to iw and this is last conclusion: The only options for transferring backups is SCP and FTP.
Disappointed but i got multiple server and i can another server’s space to solve this backup transfeer problem. I use this option as third backup level, it’s also option how data is located in another location (not in same datacenter).

I hope they add sftp option in future…

Checking this option helps to simplify WinSCP scripts and batch files – this is because the full path of the WinSCP executable won’t be needed in order to run the SFTP client from the command line.

For information to others:
Interworx server’s backup script is not supportin sftp as file transfeer option Upsers. Only supported solutions are classical ftp or scp command

Interworx server’s backup script is not supportin sftp as file transfeer option. Only supported solutions are classical ftp or scp command. [SIZE=8px]9xmovies mobdro tubemate[/SIZE]