Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /usr/bin/imapd maildir

Hi all,

Looking at htop on one of our interworx servers we can see that /usr/bin/imapd maildir is sit at 90% to 100% CPU.

Is this normal usage?

Cheers,

Hi Bertie

No, it should not be anywhere near those levels I believe, unless you have a lot of clients accessing very large mailboxes

I would restart qmail and see if this normalises the imap usage

Is it just to 1 client

Many thanks

John

Comment

Originally posted by d2d4j View Post
      Hi Bertie

No, it should not be anywhere near those levels I believe, unless you have a lot of clients accessing very large mailboxes

I would restart qmail and see if this normalises the imap usage

Is it just to 1 client

Many thanks

John
      Hi,

This server does have a lot of email accounts on there.

I've killed it and the process is no longer using that much of CPU and email services are still running okay. We shall see how it goes!

Thanks again,
      Last edited by Bertie; 12-20-2016, 06:22 AM.

Comment

I had this problem, not because the amount of accounts, but because of maybe 10 email accounts that have multi-gigabyte inboxes. Even if they just move the email out of the main INBOX folder, it helps, but basically every time they view the inbox to check for incoming mail it puts a hell of a load scanning through all the emails. Thousands of small files.

Because of this I finally upgraded to a server with an SSD drive. That and a faster CPU have cut that load to almost nothing now!
        [ JUSTIN ]
        [ OFF unit ]
        [ WEB DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT, GRAPHIC DESIGN, OTHER STUFF
        ]

Comment

Working...
        X