Few questions..

Just a few questions :slight_smile:

1. Any plans to upgrade to php 4.4.0 and bundle mysql with interworx?
  2. Are there any documents on getting jailed shells working?

Thanks all…

http://interworx.info/forums/showpost.php?p=3900&postcount=40

That’s the jailed shell tutorial.

As for the php question, I 'm not seeing it in the archive (even the experemental one) but I’d imagine they will be updatig when it has been fully tested, as with anything else.

You can, of course do the upgrade yourself from source.

RPM’s for MySQL 4 are availabel on:

http://updates.interworx.info/iworx/

YUM will not upgrade them automatically but you can wget them to your server (I’d give you a direct link but that depends onthe OS you are running). and rpm -ivh <packagename> to install the package.

This is NOT STANDARD because it ended up causing more problems than it was worth in the Iworx-1.7 days. Chris or paul can explain better than I.

It currently ships with whatever the default MySQL for the distro is, in the CentOS’s case that’s MySQK 3.x

Centos 4 comes with MySQL 4.

1. yep, it has been causing some issues with some setups and we’ve been testing still. The problem is php releases a new version of PHP. We build it and release it to the iworx crowd and then get bombarded with “InterWorx-CP broke my PHP” when all that is happening is 4.4.0 is doing something “new” and the php guys are to blame :). So we’re trying to get ready for the questions ;).

2. There’s no official docs, and they are on the way, along with a ton of other docs for the system. The tutorial tim posted is the best resource for now, but please post any questions at all.

Chris

OK great thanks for responding. The doc’s tim posted worked perfect.

Any update on when php 4.4.0 (or 4.4.4 since thats the latest) will be supported?
and for the curious, in not just looking for the “newest” i have an application (Modernbill 5.1) that requires at least 4.4.0

[quote=Talkingreef;10408]Any update on when php 4.4.0 (or 4.4.4 since thats the latest) will be supported?
and for the curious, in not just looking for the “newest” i have an application (Modernbill 5.1) that requires at least 4.4.0[/quote]

We have no ETA on this as the devs are hard at work trying to get the IW 3.0 release ready. php 4.4 has many back ported code from php5 which causes problems with some otherwise php4 compliant scripts.

You are always free to upgrade the php yourself, and WON’T break InterWorx itself, which runs it’s own internal version of php for just this reason (make sure top upgrade system php – NOT the one in /usr/local/interworx) however it may break some of the things installed by ScriptWorx or other custom scripts you may have installed.