InterWorx 5.0 Released!

At long last, the day is finally here! InterWorx 5.0 is now live on the release channel!

All InterWorx servers that have auto-updates enabled will have this update applied over the next 24 hours. If you don’t want to wait, just run this to update InterWorx:

yum update interworx

Normally, we’d post the changelog here, but in this case it’s quite long :slight_smile: You can find it over on our changelog page: http://www.interworx.com/changelog/

We’d also like to give one last shout out to our wonderful beta testers! You’ve been a huge part of making 5.0 happen, and we hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as we have :slight_smile:

As always, feel free to discuss this release or ask questions here, but for the serious issues, open a ticket at the support desk.

HI,

I want all my Siteworx accounts to go back to the “Siteworx” theme as they were before! Our clients are used to that theme and I think changing it to the new one without giving them the option is absolutely a NO, NO for us…

Daniel

Hi Daniel – sorry about any inconvenience. All the themes from 4.X and before are all still available – just log into NodeWorx, go to SiteWorx, and edit the account to switch the theme.

I would appreciate it if you would stick to old theme and give option to change. Just because I don’t have time to go through all the servers and update to old 4.x theme.

The new Heliotrope theme is not well designed unfortunately… more eye candy than functional.

Thanks!

John

Hi John – to bulk change the theme for all users:

• Go to NodeWorx >> Themes
  • Scroll down to Heliotrope
  • In the “Change everyone using this to:” box, select the theme you want
  • Click “Go”

To each their own, but don’t be surprised if it grows on you :slight_smile: It has some very nice support for small, medium, and large resolutions / screen sizes as well.

Paul

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;22866]To each their own, but don’t be surprised if it grows on you :slight_smile: It has some very nice support for small, medium, and large resolutions / screen sizes as well.

Paul[/QUOTE]

That’s what I noticed! :smiley: Nice job about doing a responsive skin! :slight_smile:

Thanks Brett,

We’ll have to go server by server changing the theme to the “Siteworx” one, something we weren’t expecting to be doing… :frowning:

BTW, What happens when when we have 10 resellers on a server and 4 of them want to keep their customized theme and we want the other 6 to revert to the old one, how do we solve that?

Interworx site is down

The interworx site is down and I am getting multiple servers with license errors! Help!

I have about 4-5 servers saying the license is in use on another IP address after the update.

[QUOTE=Poooh;22871]Thanks Brett,

We’ll have to go server by server changing the theme to the “Siteworx” one, something we weren’t expecting to be doing… :frowning:

[/QUOTE]

Hi Poooh – you can bulk edit all of your accounts with the following:

• Go to NodeWorx >> Themes
  • Scroll down to Heliotrope
  • In the “Change everyone using this to:” box, select the theme you want
  • Click “Go”

[QUOTE=Poooh;22871]BTW, What happens when when we have 10 resellers on a server and 4 of them want to keep their customized theme and we want the other 6 to revert to the old one, how do we solve that?
[/QUOTE]

You can switch themes on an account-by-account basis by editing the Reseller accounts and selecting a different theme, or the resellers can change their users accounts by editing their SiteWorx accounts.

[QUOTE=marco114;22872]The interworx site is down and I am getting multiple servers with license errors! Help!

I have about 4-5 servers saying the license is in use on another IP address after the update.[/QUOTE]

Site is up and resyncing licenses should take care of any lingering license notices:

~iworx/cron/license.pex --sync

Thanks!

Hello, I’m always happy with any update just about anywhere, however this time I have one huge issue - the filemanager functionality is 90% ruined since the update. Much of it’s former flexiblity is lost, but most important, it’s not possible anymore to use right clicks, so despite being in year 2013, multitabbing was removed for some reason. Also in cases of page reloads - like mozilla crashes or anything - it was all perfect before, now nothing gets stored anymore, you are thrown to some basic folder instead back to the file and you lose all the work. In addition to this much of the old functionality was just removed for some reason, things that were huge help are just not available anymore. I have never seen such an “upgrade” in my life - and I’m referring only to filemanager here, noting else.

Filemanager is really my main point of interworx use and it’s totally unusuable like it is from yesterday on :frowning: I don’t know whether it was tested at all or people just didn’t care or didn’t find it important, but if there’s any way how to reverse it to the old way, I would be very greatful for any information how to do it.

Thank you in advance, I’ll be checking this spot!
Thomas

I have always preferred the UI of Interworx to cpanel. He he

Exactly! This is the saddest part. I’m online for 13 years, was using cpanel during that time for like a year, 10 years plesk and now interworx for a couple of years. One thing that was unimaginable with plesk was that one day all functionality would suddenly be just missing. Can you imagine that? People are used to their way of working, use the functionality, they even decide on control panel based on that functionality and then one day it’s all gone… and someone calls it an “upgrade” :frowning: This new interface is, in additonal to everything described above, extremely slow, entirelly unchangable etc. Before, one was able to determine his own editor size and get the most out of monitor space, every single col/row was adjustable, now you cannot adjust anything. Instead you are forced to watch more than one third of the monitor screen occupied with pointless graphics, including two huge signs “interworx” and “siteworx”. I have hundreds of php files where I have commented lines adjusted to exact size and now I’m for some reason no longer able to get to that size, because all the flexiblity was removed. And I’m not a troublesome person in any way and I’m always happy to get used to anything new, but this is not a matter of adjustments, it’s the matter of usability that was fully removed just like this and the work like I need it and was being done day by day for over a year on this server is suddenly just no longer possible.

Hi dasgmo – I’m really sorry that the fileman update caused you so many problems! Fileman is actually an external application, and the changes made, besides just skinning to fit with the Heliotrope theme, were from upgrading to the latest version of the application.

That being said, I’ll check with our designer about the issues you mentioned to see if there’s anything we can do.

To be honest, that is exactly what it looked like to me immediately. Outsourced job, done by someone who absolutely doesn’t care about the usability whatsoever and with zero relation to actual user needs. So everyone who based their decision to pick interworx over other cps based on filemanager (like me) are suddenly left stranded with none of the functionality available anymore and right now it’s literally impossible to work, it’s just a waiting game.

A quick solution would be just to enable old filemanager somewhere under preferences, because else I think this can go on forever and will be eventually forgotten, but work need to be done on servers and again - we’re talking about 100% unusable version here, because if you want me I can already let you know how to redo some of the situations under which the new filemanager is crashing and it’s crashing all the time and it’s also the slowest interface i have ever seen, not to mention some random redirects after file saves etc. etc. So it’s also visible that this wasn’t tested to the slightest before introduction and I feel stupid for ever migrating away from plesk right now, because demo version of interworx made me believe about the functionality which I will get and it was indeed there, but only until yesterday :frowning:

dasgmo:

The filemanager is garbage. It needs to be changed and/or completely overhauled.

You aren’t the first to complain about it, and certainly won’t be the last.

I’m going to make filemanager my #1 priority for you and others who feel stranded.
I’ll start a conversation, and move swiftly to resolve this.

If you can’t wait a week or so, temporarily install this for the users who are frustrated.
(I’d LOVE to have something this powerful packed in to interworx.):
https://demo.ajaxplorer.info/

I think filemanager component gets mostly ignored, because most devs prefer FTP or SSH.
I’m one who also likes to bust open filemanager every so often for small things, so I’m right with you.

[QUOTE=dasgmo;22898]To be honest, that is exactly what it looked like to me immediately. Outsourced job, done by someone who absolutely doesn’t care about the usability whatsoever and with zero relation to actual user needs. So everyone who based their decision to pick interworx over other cps based on filemanager (like me) are suddenly left stranded with none of the functionality available anymore and right now it’s literally impossible to work, it’s just a waiting game.

A quick solution would be just to enable old filemanager somewhere under preferences, because else I think this can go on forever and will be eventually forgotten, but work need to be done on servers and again - we’re talking about 100% unusable version here, because if you want me I can already let you know how to redo some of the situations under which the new filemanager is crashing and it’s crashing all the time and it’s also the slowest interface i have ever seen, not to mention some random redirects after file saves etc. etc. So it’s also visible that this wasn’t tested to the slightest before introduction and I feel stupid for ever migrating away from plesk right now, because demo version of interworx made me believe about the functionality which I will get and it was indeed there, but only until yesterday :([/QUOTE]

Also, send me an IM @ aethertrebs

-or- shoot me an email at tbonomi@interworx.com with details if you have any suggestions.

[QUOTE=IWorx-Trevor;22901]dasgmo:

I think filemanager component gets mostly ignored, because most devs prefer FTP or SSH.
I’m one who also likes to bust open filemanager every so often for small things, so I’m right with you.[/QUOTE]

Trevor

I used IW from 2005 until recently, Spring of 2013. Completely on cPanel now, but that was a very hard decision to make, because I can tell you, I personally prefer InterWorx over cPanel.
Now with that said, the cPanel File Manager is light years better than the old file manager in SiteWorx. In fact I am finding I prefer to use it now over FTP or SSH, unless one of those two is needed.

You are correct in the statement most of us devs did prefer to use FTP or SSH over the SiteWorx filemanager…only because that the file manager was a terrible tool, even the old one.

But other than that InterWorx is awesome, I really miss it.

Hi, the new version looks great. Good job.
So far I have one issue and that is Roundcube. The new version is great but it gives lot’s of errors in the log (/usr/local/interworx/lib/roundcube/logs/errors).

[18-Sep-2013 20:31:23 Europe/Amsterdam] MDB2 Error: no such field (-19): _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
[Last executed query: UPDATE contacts SET changed=now(), vcard=‘BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
FN:test.nl
EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET;TYPE=HOME:info@test.nl
END:VCARD’, name=‘test.nl’, email=‘info@test.nl’, firstname=’’, surname=’’, words=’ test.nl info@test.nl’ WHERE contact_id=‘100’ AND user_id=‘1’ AND del<>1]
[Native code: 1054]
[Native message: Unknown column ‘words’ in ‘field list’]

And also
[18-Sep-2013 00:00:20 Europe/Amsterdam] MDB2 Error: unknown error (-1): _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
[Last executed query: SET NAMES ‘utf8’]
[Native code: 1193]
[Native message: Unknown system variable ‘NAMES’]

And also
[18-Sep-2013 01:16:33 +0200]: DB Error: MDB2 Error: no such table Query: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement] [Last executed query: SELECT search_id AS id, name FROM searches WHERE user_id = 176 AND type = 1 ORDER BY name] [Native code: 1146] [Native message: Table ‘iworx_roundcube.searches’ doesn’t exist] in /usr/local/interworx/lib/roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on l
ine 727 (GET /roundcube/?_task=addressbook)

Can you please look into this?!

Regards,
Michel Kuijpers