CentOS 7 Suppport now in Pre-Beta!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CentOS 7 Suppport now in Pre-Beta!

Many of you have been asking for it, and now you can try it for yourself -- InterWorx can now by installed on CentOS 7!

Please bear in mind that this is a pre-beta, so we don't recommend using for production purposes yet.

To install InterWorx on CentOS7:
    1. Do a fresh install of CentOS 7 minumum (http://www.centos.org/download/). Upgrading from CentOS6 is NOT recommended.
    2. If you're using XFS (default), enable Quotas (optional, but recommended. See here for instructions)
    3. Run the CentOS7 install script:
      Code:
      sh <((curl -sL interworx.com/inst.sh)) -r beta

Enjoy! If you run into any issues while testing InterWorx on CentOS7, let us know at support@interworx.com!
    Last edited by IWorx-Jenna; 06-16-2015, 09:07 AM.

Hi Brett,

I tried to do a quick test on a DO droplet, but I can't install IW. I always get the following message.

Code:
    ERROR: CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core)  not supported, override with -f
    tail: cannot open ‘iworx-install.log’ for reading: No such file or directory
    I created the iworx-install.log file manually, but the error occurs again, OS not supported. The installed OS is: CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core)

I checked the iworx-cp-install.sh file and it does not contains anything about Centos 7. Is it the correct file?
    Last edited by dss; 12-30-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Hey DSS -- try it now!

Comment

Working for me at the moment.
        Michael Dance
        Licensecart » Certified Distribution for Blesta, Interworx, KernelCare, CraftSRV, Softaculous, SolusVM, LiteSpeed & SSLs.
        Free Softaculous & 50% off KernelCare with every InterWorx license bought with us. We pride ourselves by being the cheapest External provider.
        Need Help? Check out the InterWorx FAQs or check out our Knowledgebase. In the InterWorx family, you're never alone!

Comment

Much better, installing :)

Comment

Installed succesfull, but can't activate:

Code:
            [STATUS] Go! InterWorx
             [STATUS] License Key Setup...
             [STATUS] Validating license information... 
             [STATUS] Setting up PHP-CGI...
             [STATUS] Setting up initial InterWorx Databases...
             [WARNING] Looks like iworx was setup before on this box...
             [WARNING] Problem setting up DB info. Trying again...
             [STATUS] Setting up initial InterWorx Databases...
             [WARNING] Looks like iworx was setup before on this box...
             [ERROR] Database setup failed. Please contact InterWorx Support.
             [ERROR] Activation Failed

Comment

Hey dss -- can you email support@interworx.com about that? We'll need to get access to the machine to see what's going on there.

Comment

We didn't have enough free memory. It was a small VPS with 512MB of RAM. I tried to activate with ~300MB of free RAM, but it wasn't enough too. I'm going to install this version on a different (bigger) VPS in mid-Januray.

The older versions with CentOS 5/6 wokrs fine with 512MB of RAM.

Happy New Year!
                Last edited by dss; 12-31-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

going to try this on a centos7 server, anyone else had success getting it working ok
                  has any one had any other issues
                  Gary T

Comment

I could install Interworx successfully on a Centos 7 test server. I noticed 3 things so far:

1. In the activation script the step "Setting up Roundcube DB" throws an error: ERROR 1091 (42000) at line 225: Can't DROP 'uid'; check that column/key exists
                    2. After the fresh setup, mod_php and mod_suphp are both enabled: "Warning, mod_php and mod_suphp are both enabled, this is a security risk!"
                    3. No apache modules are shown: "No records matched your search"
                    Last edited by glenkinchie; 01-04-2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I can confirm the 2nd and 3rd! I noticed, that I can't change SSH port, and can't set up DNS synchronization.

It would be good to make a public or a private (with invited users) bug tracker to collect the possible bugs, it's much easier then send support tickets 2-3 times about a problem.

glenkinchie: Did you discover any problem with the homepages? I had to modify the config files to be able to open the default SiteWorx page.
                      Last edited by dss; 01-04-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I had a quick look at the DNS synchronization, I get an error too: » Error adding DNS host : xxx.xxx.xxx.xx => hostname.domain.tld. Test completes with success. I can't tell you if changing SSH Port is working, I changed mine before running the Interworx script. I didn't add a domain yet, so I can't really say if the homepages are working. But I can imaginge that the problems results of the two acitvated mods php and suphp.

Comment

Originally posted by glenkinchie View Post
                          I could install Interworx successfully on a Centos 7 test server. I noticed 3 things so far:

1. In the activation script the step "Setting up Roundcube DB" throws an error: ERROR 1091 (42000) at line 225: Can't DROP 'uid'; check that column/key exists
                          2. After the fresh setup, mod_php and mod_suphp are both enabled: "Warning, mod_php and mod_suphp are both enabled, this is a security risk!"
                          3. No apache modules are shown: "No records matched your search"
                          Hey guys! Great feedback so far! I'm working on the apache stuff now (so much changed from 2.2 to 2.4).

I believe #1 is unrelated to the CentOS 7 changes, but I've made a note of it.

With regards to #2, this is due to some web server configuration files being split out. Near as I can tell, the 'security risk' error is a false positive and can be suppressed by commenting out the contents of /etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/10-php.conf. This will prevent mod_php from attempting to load automatically and allow InterWorx to handle things. I should have a more appropriate fix for this one soon.

I'm also looking into #3 now. Thanks again!
                          Matt Parmelee
                          Interworx Developer
                          http://www.interworx.com/

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your feedback. My installation totally died tomorrow, I can't login. What can I do?

This is what I can see when opening NodeWorx:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	iw_error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	40536

And the SSH output:
                            Code:
                            [root@srv4 ~]# /bin/systemctl status  iworx.serviceiworx.service - SYSV: InterWorx
                               Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/iworx)
                               Active: active (running) since h 2015-01-05 07:52:25 CET; 7h ago
                              Process: 31024 ExecStop=/etc/rc.d/init.d/iworx stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                              Process: 31041 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/iworx start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                               CGroup: /system.slice/iworx.service
                                       ├─31044 /bin/sh /home/interworx/mysql/usr/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/home/interworx/mysql/my.cnf
                                       ├─31078 /home/interworx/bin/iworx-web -f /home/interworx/etc/httpd/httpd.conf -DSSL
                                       ├─31667 /home/interworx/mysql/usr/sbin/iworx-db-2 --defaults-file=/home/interworx/mysql/my.cnf --basedir=/home/interworx/mysql --datadir=/home/interworx/mysql/data --plugin...
                                       ├─31915 /home/interworx/bin/iworx-web -f /home/interworx/etc/httpd/httpd.conf -DSSL
                                       └─31916 /home/interworx/bin/iworx-web -f /home/interworx/etc/httpd/httpd.conf -DSSL

jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com iworx[31041]: #7 /usr/local/interworx/bin/ip.php(118): IWorx_IP::activateAll()
                            jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com iworx[31041]: #8 /usr/local/interworx/bin/ip.php(70): ip_setopts(Array)
                            jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com iworx[31041]: #9 /usr/local/interworx/bin/ip.php(54): ip(Array)
                            jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com iworx[31041]: #10 {main}
                            jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com iworx[31041]: ----------------------------------------------------------------
                            jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com iworx[31041]: ----- DEBUG STACKTRACE BEGIN -----
                            jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com iworx[31041]: 0 exceptionHandler (0)
                            jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com iworx[31041]: ----- DEBUG STACKTRACE END   -----
                            jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com iworx[31041]: Binding IP Aliases:  [FAILED]
                            jan 05 07:52:25 srv4.host.com systemd[1]: Started SYSV: InterWorx.
                            Last edited by dss; 03-11-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Hi dss

I think your error is on ip bindings, and I've seen this on centos 6..

I have posted in forum how to clear it, as something has not released ip/port, but if you can't find the post, just restart server and it should clear it.

I could be wrong though, so apologies in advance, and sorry, I am very eager to try centos 7, but am not in a position to at the moment. I did try to install using USB stick, made via windows and hit the special folder which is not transferred correctly, so will have to wait, but I'm following this thread

Hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Comment

Working...
                              X