vmysql: sql error[3]: Can't open file: 'vpopmail.MYI'. (errno: 145)

AHH!
Sorry for the freakout. First time post and stuff. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the lovely CP software. After years with this, I haven’t had any issues up until now with it. It’s really quite robust and there isn’t much else I could ask anyway, enough with the nosing.

Recently during the heat waves at the Sago center in floriday, I guess some servers went down. Mine included. Which resulted in a hard reset.

Since then, whenever mail is sent to any email address on my entire server to any account the following error message is included in the returned/failed mail message:

vmysql: sql error[3]: Can’t open file: ‘vpopmail.MYI’. (errno: 145)

Also, all of the SiteWorx CP pages that my clients would use, are unnaccesible from their respective login pages or through NodeWorx. Same goes for any Horde webmail interface.

I’m not a guru of any sorts with databases or qmail, but this is quite a large issue. I’ve been told that it could be a DB issue or upwards to something that has been changed in my NodeWorx configuration. Though, I don’t see how that would affect anything considering I haven’t changed the throughput to interrupt any kind of mail path.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, so I won’t have to backup the entire drive and reformat or reinstall all the entire Interworx suite and import all my client accounts?

If you don’t want to tamper with the IWorx database, you can open a support ticket and we can fix it for you, https://www.interworx.com/support/helpdesk

Otherwise, SSH to your server as root and run:

grep dsn ~iworx/iworx.ini

this will return a few lines with the mysql iworx password. Then go to https://serverhostname:2443/mysql

and login with iworx and the password you got from the grep. Make sure to choose the 2nd localhost from the dropdown. Once you’re logged in there…choose the iworx_vpopmail database from the dropdown and when the tables load in the middle, the vpopmail table may or may not say “in use” next to it. Anyway, check the box next to that table and select “Repair Table” from the dropdown. See if that fixes you up.

In most MySQL table corruptions and especially if there was a query running during the reset, a Repair Table on that table will fix the problem.

Thanks so much for the help! I’ve now revived the webmail and SiteWorx interfaces.

However, the pop3 server for retrieving mail is still timing out. Thaughts?