NodeWorx IPv6 Management "Duplicate Nickname"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NodeWorx IPv6 Management "Duplicate Nickname"

I found a kind of minor bug with the IPv6 NodeWorx management. Quick background, I was playing with a few already existing, but unassigned, IPv6 InterWorx Subpools of /112 (the ones with the delete button in screenshot). All I did was select "available to reseller" as the edit.

When editing the first unassigned one in the list I was able to save it without issue, but when going to edit the second unassigned one in the list I got an issue with the nickname "Subpool of IPv6 Main" being a "Duplicate Value."

This is weird to me because...
    1) It's just a nickname
    2) They are all assigned by default like this, so seems weird this would cause an error state
    3) Why didn't the first unassigned one give me that error

Thoughts?
    [ JUSTIN ]
    [ OFF unit ]
    [ WEB DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT, GRAPHIC DESIGN, OTHER STUFF
    ]

Hi Justin

Wow, you have IPv6

I read a few times your post, and didnít fully understand until I tried to duplicate, and then realised your error is after initial first setup of IPv6.

The error I think comes because initially the nickname looks as though it is not written to MySQL until edited. Then the first edit is written and does not fail as no record exist in MySQL until first saved/edited.

I could be wrong though sorry

So any subsequent edits would then fail as record exists

Iíll forward to IW quoting your thread and kudos to you for highlighting the issue.

Many thanks

John

Comment

Yeah, what's weird is I have lets say 50 of these total with the same Nickname. So even when editing and saving the first one, it seems like it should give the error, but it doesn't. Not a huge bug or anything, but definitely think it worth the IW teaming taking a look at.
      [ JUSTIN ]
      [ OFF unit ]
      [ WEB DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT, GRAPHIC DESIGN, OTHER STUFF
      ]

Comment

Hi Justin--

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was able to reproduce the issue on a test server and have submitted a bug report to the development team. I don't have an ETA on a fix, however, you can keep an eye on new features and bug fixes at http://www.interworx.com/developers/changelog/

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

Thanks,
        -Jenna

Comment

Working...
        X