CentOS 7 on VPS IW internal database corruption

We use Open VZ for our VPS offering and have great success with IW running on CentOS 6. But we have seen IW corrupt the internal IW database when using CentOS 7. Of course this leaves us with an inaccessible control panel system and a ticked off new customer. My question is has anybody else seen this happen on a VPS or dedicated server when using OS7? Right now we are waiting on IW support to fix it. Then our plan is to backup and move the site to another server long enough to blow off the OS7 VPS and set up an OS6 to replace it. I am open to feedback or ideas. :slight_smile:

Hi oldguy

Have you tried this command, which appears to correct the issue with centos 7.

It’s a little hard to know your exact issue without seeing your error from screenshot or logs

Hope that helps

Many thanks

John

~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex

[QUOTE=d2d4j;28470]Hi oldguy

Have you tried this command, which appears to correct the issue with centos 7.

It’s a little hard to know your exact issue without seeing your error from screenshot or logs

Hope that helps

Many thanks

John

~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex[/QUOTE]

Thanks John,

I ran that command but it did not correct the issue. If a person tries to login to nodeworx or siteworx the browser displays the message : “A system error has occurred. Please try your request again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please contact Support”. If I try to run nodeworx from the command line it says: Uncaught IWorx_Exception_DbUtil: DB Error: unknown error CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS history_sessions (
A system error has occurred. Please try your request again in a few minutes.
If the error persists, please contact support."

At this point I guess I am waiting on IW support. Still wondering if other people are seeing issues with OS7.

Thanks again
Larry

Hi Larry

Many thanks

Just a thought but is iworx actually running and is the Maria db running

Have you tried restrain iworx and does it give any errors.

service iworx status

service iworx restart (I prefer to stop and start seperately)

Service mysql restart

I’m sorry I cannot remember the Maria restart command, must be an age thing

Lastly, can you access the database manually

I’m sure IW will know more and hopefully get you back up, but I only heard of your issue on centos 7 in the early days

Sorry I can’t be of more help, hopefully another user may post though who has better experience on centos 7

Many thanks

John

Hi oldguy

It’s a mute point but one of our servers received a MySQL update from remi

This caused issues and missing tables until corrected by running mysql_upgrade -u root -p from ssh

If you try it, please ensure you have database backups

Appreciate if you could update your post when corrected if you don’t mind

Many thanks

John

On my VPS I sometimes get the same error when logging in to Nodeworx. First time it happened I waited and tried again later which did the trick. But the last couple errors waiting was no help so I ended up running the command John suggested –

~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex

Which also does the trick. I don’t understand the problem or the fix but nice to know it’s recoverable.