X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWorx-Nathan
    replied
    Hey Synthetisoft,

The Let's Encrypt plugin is located in the plugins directory. To generate Let's Encrypt certificates ate the command line the interworx-cli rpm is required. Here is an example command:

Code:
    siteworx -n -u --login_domain iwtest.com -c Ssl --action generateLetsEncrypt --domain iwtest.com --commonName iwtest.com
    Generating a script for multiple domains and subdomains appears to be a new feature for Let's Encrypt. We've created a feature request to implement this functionality in a future release.

Thanks,

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• d2d4j
    replied
    Hi synthetisoft

Wow, more great posts, thanks

I would advise you contact IW support (support-at-interworx-dot-com) and quote this thread.

The reason for this is because you maybe intruding upon T&Cs of IW and IW are extremely helpful, listen and their the guys to ask.

Many thanks

John

Leave a comment:

• Synthetisoft
    replied
    It looks like the GUI part of this plugin may have been hard coded into Interworx. I'd really like to be able to modify it and the script that's invoked to secure a new site.

Leave a comment:

• Synthetisoft
    replied
    The Let's Encrypt plugin wasn't coded in accordance to the plugin documentation. The file/directory structure and other conventions were not followed. The plugin only installs Let's Encrypt on the system by cloning a git repo. Since the plugin wasn't created as the documentation instructs, I have no idea how it integrates into Interworx. If someone could however tell me which script is responsible for the creation of a new certificate as well as which script handles the plugin's GUI, I could modify it to enhance its capabilities.

It was created by a Paul Oehler of Interworx. The data in plugin.ini says 2009. That can't be right. The git repo is cloned to /home/interworx/lib/letsencrypt .
    Last edited by Synthetisoft; 06-05-2016, 11:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Synthetisoft
    replied
    Is there way I can edit a plugin? I know PHP.

Edit: Found it and the plugin docs.
    Last edited by Synthetisoft; 06-05-2016, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Synthetisoft
    replied
    I've found a workaround (For now). Install certbot via yum. Install the Let's Encrypt cert in siteworx for the domain. Then, use certbot to generate a cert for www. or whatever.yourdomain.com. certbot will offer to add the new name to the existing certificate. This will work for now but it has some caveats. I wasn't able to use certbot without being logged into ssh as root (Maybe a chroot limitation). This will cause Let's Encrypt files in the user home dir (Only Let's Encrypt related files) to be owned by root. This can be corrected of course with chown. And of course nobody wants to have to go through any of these steps at all so it would be nice if we could generate more versatile certificates.

If you do what I've suggested manually, I think you only need to do it like: certbot --webroot -w /home/example/public_html -d example/com -d www.example.com

It will then ask you if you want to add www to the cert.

If the siteworx Let's Encrypt generator ever gives you any errors it's probably because you have an .htaccess file that's messing up the domain ownership verification.
    Last edited by Synthetisoft; 06-05-2016, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Synthetisoft
    started a topic Problem In Let's Encrypt Plugin

Problem In Let's Encrypt Plugin

The Let's Encrypt plugin would be great except that when you use it, it generates a certificate that's only good for one common name. It can't cover www. or any other subdomains; however, Let's Encrypt is capable of creating a cert that covers multiple subdomains in a single command. Please reference: https://letsencrypt.org/getting-started/ . This command will generate a cert for both the main domain and www...
    certbot certonly --webroot -w /home/example/public_html -d example.com -d www.example.com

or...

certbot certonly --standalone -d example.com -d www.example.com
Working...
X