Seg. fault webalizer cronjob

Since a day or 4 I’m getting segmentation faults from the cronjob that runs the daily webalizer stats. (doesn’t happen every day, in the last 4 days, it faulted 2 times).

The error line itself:

sh: line 1: 23945 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/webalizer -c /tmp/webalizerbMCz6M -d >/dev/null 2>&1

Installed iworx:

interworx-2.1.1-6.iworx
interworx-nodeworx-2.1.1-6.iworx
interworx-siteworx-2.1.1-6.iworx

The job itself is

48 8 * * * cd /home/interworx/cron ; ./iworx.pex --daily

Can you run:

rpm -V webalizer

And paste the output here.

Chris

The -V option doesn’t return anything, rpm -qa does… its output:

[root@ferengi interworx]# rpm -V webalizer
[root@ferengi interworx]# rpm -qa | grep -i weba
webalizer-2.01_10-100.rhe4x.iworx
[root@ferengi interworx]#

( Iworx is setup to have both OS and IWorx packahes dl and install automaticly )

no output from rpm -V is good. Is anything else segfaulting that you can see? Under normal circumstances webalizer shouldn’t segfault and I’m not sure whether to point at the system itself or some odd webalizer behavior at this point.

Chris

Apart from the segfault, everything is working splendid. I did check some sites that we hold for the webalizer output, and they are beeing generated. (did not yet check every single site though).

Apart from the cron error (which is not every day) there is not a single error/bug that we know of (at this time that is :))

I’m getting the same errors and issue as well on CentOS 4.

The next time someone has this happen can you please copy the command that is sent to you (as posted in the 1st post) and run it on your system to see if it segfaults when run outside of CRON. If it does please open a ticket with the command (or post here) and we can hopefully find out what’s going on.

Chris

Crontab Webalizer

Hello, here’s what i’m getting in terms of segmentation faults in the crontab execution of the webalizer scripts:

sh: line 1: 16780 Segmentation fault /usr/bin/webalizer -c /tmp/webalizern2GHUJ -d >/dev/null 2>&1

However,

[root@echo home]# /usr/bin/webalizer -c /tmp/webalizern2GHUJ -d >/dev/null 2>&1
[root@echo home]#

The same seg fault (or at least sinds last weekend) happens daily.
I do not notice anything wrong in generated stats nor have any clients complaints so far (not sure if they actually view the webalizer stats).

It isn’t an hi-prio issue since everything looks ok (on our setup) but offcourse it isn’t the way its supposed to be.