Limit Reseller Options

Hello InterWorx Team!

Has the option to limit Resellers’ amount of MySQL Databases, Users, POP accounts etc been looked into?

Sometimes, when wanting to create a “low-end” reseller-package, it is a bit confusing to then offer unlimited MySQL Databases (well, everything except diskspace and bandwith), so it would be nice to be able to limit these.

Also, the bandwith/diskspace allocations cannot be overridden with the SiteWorx accounts, right?

Does the reseller get any email notifications if THEIR entire reseller account is going to go over bandwith, and if they do go over their allowance, does it suspend all of their clients sites?

(I am just trying to understand the Reseller features built into Interworx)

Cheers,
William
:slight_smile:

Hello, Willim, thanks for the feedback!

There are many refinements planned for the reseller system in futuure releases and I expect at least some additional quotas will be added at some point.

That being said, adding limits on every single feature would clutter the interface and the usefullness of some of them is debatable, but I deffinitely see a benefit of doing this for mysql and will add that as a feature request.

Do you have any other "must have"s?

Also, the bandwith/diskspace allocations cannot be overridden with the SiteWorx accounts, right?

No the SiteWorx user can not override the reseller quotas.

Does the reseller get any email notifications if THEIR entire reseller account is going to go over bandwith, and if they do go over their allowance, does it suspend all of their clients sites?

Not currently but a totally new notification system is being written which should cover this.

Thanks again for the feedback! :slight_smile:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the postive feedback… I only log these “feature requests” as and when I spot something in the panel which I think could or would be of benefit to not only us, but people in the wider audience aswell :slight_smile:

I think MySQL databases, and possibly mailboxes are the two things which I would personally want to be able to limit. Anything which usage could spiral because of misuse.

With regards to features on the Reseller side - if there are any plans at all to give Resellers their own ScriptWorx options (so from their reseller panel they can (locally to their customers) enable/disable scripts) with something in the main ScriptWorx config: Disable Globally? Disable for resellers?

And is it planned to be able to (selectively) give SiteWorx a DNS management interface for their domains? Again, something configurable from the NodeWorx side to say whether they can or not?

Whoops… turned into a feature request list… apologies :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t need to worry about it. That is what this forum is for and if you go back and do a search of the forums under the user timryberg both here and on the sagonet.com forums you will see that I have done the same thing on many occasions in the past. :slight_smile:

I think MySQL databases, and possibly mailboxes are the two things which I would personally want to be able to limit. Anything which usage could spiral because of misuse.

I’ll add mysql users, databases, and email boxes as feature requests. This does not gurantee they will make it in but the idea will be officially tracked.

With regards to features on the Reseller side - if there are any plans at all to give Resellers their own ScriptWorx options (so from their reseller panel they can (locally to their customers) enable/disable scripts) with something in the main ScriptWorx config: Disable Globally? Disable for resellers?

A future version will allow you allow resellers access to ScriptWorx or not allow it. The last time I talked to the deveoper working on ScriptWorx, all settings except enable/disable were going to be global for the forseeable future for simplicy’s sake.

As it stands now you can enable/disable ScriptWorx globally and for specific SiteWorx accounts. Doing the same for resellers is a natural extention of that.

When it comes to feature requests, a great deal of thought is given to how usefull they would be to the vast majority of users as well as what adding them is going to do to the interface. Compared to the competition our interface is very clean and smoote and I think this shows. We’ve always believed that more is not always better. Do the important things right, not do everything.

And is it planned to be able to (selectively) give SiteWorx a DNS management interface for their domains? Again, something configurable from the NodeWorx side to say whether they can or not?

This has been talked about in the past and I’m personally not sure this is such a good idea even though I once suggested it myself. Currently SiteWorx makes all the dns changes and additions that a SiteWorx user needs (subdomains, pointer domains, etc.) and having seen how a lot of end users try to do things manually when they don’t know what they are doing or make changes and break dns or apache forcing the administrator to debug it, I personally cringe at the idea.

Is there a specific reason you want to be able to allow end users to have access to this?

Whoops… turned into a feature request list… apologies :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s all good – thanks for the feedback/feature requests! :smiley:

Hi All,

Sorry for kicking this topic again :rolleyes:

I was searching for this.
It would really be a great help to limit the following for the resellers:
mySQL databases
mySQL users
FTP Accounts
Mailboxes
Autoresponders
Aliasses
Subdomains

Greets,

R?mon

EDIT: Yeah! My #100th post on the Iworx forums! :cool:

According to http://www.interworx.com/products/iworx-cp/new-features

“Additional Reseller limits”

will be in Version3!

Hopefully that will include some of the ones you mention :smiley:

I hope so :smiley:

By the way, cool signature:

“[SIZE=1][I]The views expressed in the above messsage are purely my own and are in no way official or representative of EverythingWeb.Net Ltd.”

[/I]Can I borrow it? Without the EverythingWeb.Net Ltd part of course :wink: [/SIZE]

That’s exactly what it means. :slight_smile: All of those have been added. Some others too, basically everything on the SiteWorx account add screen that is quota based.

Great! :D:D

Excellent News!! Thanks for the confirmation Tim.

re; the signature: yeah no problem :wink:

Cool, thanks :cool: