BW Calculations (FTP, Email, and HTTP)

I read a post about this a while back, but I haven’t heard anything new on the topic.

http://interworx.info/forums/showthread.php?t=69&highlight=bandwidth

I notice in my NOCworx view I have used 24.24 GB and in the NodeWorx it is only 1.71 GB.

Is there anyway to see, brokedown by siteworx accounts, how much BW is being used for FTP, Email, Web and a total?

Thanks,
Justin

Old post, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this…

thanks,
Justin

Justec,

Thanks for the nudge. We will be integrating (at least) FTP bandwidth checking. Mail is a bit more problematic since matching a mailer/recipient to their associated siteworx account isn’t always trivial, but we’ll definitely look into it.

FTP bandwidth accounting is high on the list, but we generally don’t give out ETAs for features, so just know that we are working on it :).

Chris

Thanks for the reply, I figured it just needed a little bump :smiley:

The reason I was asking this is because if we offer a certain amount of BW for a client (siteworx account) and they are using a lot of FTP BW but not web BW I would want to know. That way if they go over their allotted total amount then I know which client I need to charge extra that particular month. The same goes with clients send emails with large attachments, but the FTP is the more important out of the two.

Also, is the hard drive space shown in NodeWorx for each siteworx account the total of their ?/home? directory. Basically does this number include all web and email files for their account?

Thanks,
Justin

Thanks for the reply, I figured it just needed a little bump

And always feel free to bump, we need a kick sometimes.

The reason I was asking this is because if we offer a certain amount of BW for a client (siteworx account) and they are using a lot of FTP BW but not web BW I would want to know. That way if they go over their allotted total amount then I know which client I need to charge extra that particular month. The same goes with clients send emails with large attachments, but the FTP is the more important out of the two.

Totally concur, and FTP usage will be added. If we can add email usage we will as well.

Also, is the hard drive space shown in NodeWorx for each siteworx account the total of their ?/home? directory. Basically does this number include all web and email files for their account?

The total shown is as reported by the host OS’s quota system, so it is an authoritative source for accounting for files owned/created by the given user.

Chris

Just about the Quota system…

How does NodeWorx limit the users account?

I tried quota -u username for a siteworx account and it said
“Disk quotas for user “user”(uid XXX): none”

EDIT- Nevermind
http://interworx.info/forums/showthread.php?t=256