SiteWorx News Section

Sago has the ability to post news/reminders so that the NodeWorx user can see things like planned down time, open house invitations (not that they use it much). It would be nice if the NodeWorx user could do the same thing for SiteWorx users.

agreed Tim, I’ll open a bug on the issue so it’s in our system.

Chris

Thanks.

Tim

Nice idea Tim

Another thing that would go along with the same idea is the email based system. At first I thought the email template was a way to send an email to all clients (siteworx accounts), but it’s the same as the “InterWorx Alerts / Monitoring” in NodeWorx server setup, but for SiteWorx accounts.

The reason I suggest this is all but one of my clients now I manage their accounts completely, they do not ever log into SiteWorx. So what would be nice for me is to be able to send an email to the Admin email (the one you enter when creating the SiteWorx account that is used as the user id). This way alerts could be sent to SiteWorx and/or to the email (each email would be sent seperately so the TO: address doens’t show a list of all clients)

Another thing to add to this purposed email system that would be nice (but not as important as just having something that works) is if it was created as a template where the there could be fields set up in the SiteWorx account for First and Last name, Company name, etc. and each person could get a customized email.

This email idea isn’t really that important (I could just use outlook), but I like to offer suggestions so if you guys have any extra time (or someone is slacking off :smiley: ) you could throw this on their to do list.

This shouldn’t be that hard to implement, I would think. The trick would be to get it so that a person who has multiple SW accounts didn’t get multiple copies of the email, but I like the idea of this as am extention of my original thought: if the Webmaster posts something to this it goes out via email automatically. Could be a very slick interface.

The reason I suggest this is all but one of my clients now I manage their accounts completely, they do not ever log into SiteWorx. So what would be nice for me is to be able to send an email to the Admin email (the one you enter when creating the SiteWorx account that is used as the user id). This way alerts could be sent to SiteWorx and/or to the email (each email would be sent seperately so the TO: address doens’t show a list of all clients)

What type of ‘alerts’ would you guys like to see?

The alerts wouldn’t be pre-setup alerts like you have already done under “Email Templates”.

I’m thinking more of customized information updates. For example if I was going to try and install JSP on my server and would need to take down apache at some point for an extended period of time. I would post to all siteworx accounts… “*** Alert - Server Upgrades 12/31/04 1:00am - 4:00am ***”

Basically as Tim said the same way Sago can send us custom news alerts to NodeWorx (from NocWorx Im assuming) we would like to be able to send the custom news alerts to all SiteWorx accounts on our box. Posting to their account and being sent to the admin email for that box.

For me the most usefull thing would be to be able to do any text and subject I wanted, but having a template option would also be valuable

A Web form with something like this

To All Website Owners

___ [select a specific service or server as a whole or website ] _ will be down for maintinance from {Date, Time} untill {date, time} for {routine maintinance, for software update, etc}

And then a further info field

I don’t know; the more I think about it, this gets more complicated. For me the ability to do as Sago does for us and put in anything they want with the added functionality of sending it out by email to the siteworx email acout would be more than sufficient.

Thanks,

Tim

We’ll chain Socheat back up to his desk and tell him to get right on it! :smiley:

Not sure how legal that is, but hey, if it gets done faster I won’t tell anyone :smiley:

Why do I get the sense that poor Socheat is at the bottom of the pile pecking-order wise ? :wink:

Probably because you’re right. :wink:

Hello all :slight_smile:

I really agree with Justec and Tim and heu chris and everybody :-p

One thing that should be great is to have the ability to send an email to all siteworx account. In fact the tim’s idea fit my need, as I’d like advertise my users for planned maintenance or others things like that.

But to be sure all siteworx accounts has readen the news, it could be great to send an email to all master email user accounts.

Pascal

LOL . . . Don’t worry Socheat we still appreciate you!