Local IP to normal IP

I test drived InterWorx for a couple of weeks on my local network and I’m loving it.

So in a couple of days we will make it a production system and need to change IP adresses. It now has a local IP adress assigned.

My main question is how can I change the IP adress for the system and what do I need to do with the assigned accounts on the local IP?

Yours sincerely,

John

Hello John-

Glad you like the product!

There are a couple of things you can do. You can add the new IP in InterWorx ( but it will not be available unless InterWorx is running) or you can edit the appropriate ifcfg script (found in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts) and InterWorx will detect the new IP address. If done this way, you’ll have to restart networking and you will have to run “/home/interworx/cron/ip.pex --sync” the IP address will be available all the time.

After you have the new IP address in InterWorx, you’ll have to move each account over to the new IP address. You can do that by following the instructions found here: http://interworx.com/support/docs/iworx-cp/sysadmin/siteworx/accounts/howto-change-account-ip

If you have any troubles or questions, just open up a support ticket and we’ll be glad to help.

–Dustin