MySql 4.1.18

How do I upgrade from MySql 4.1.12 to 4.1.18 ? “SAFELY”

The easiest way would be to take a look around the net and find an rpm compiled for your distro. He’re 's a good place to start

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html

download the rpm (binary for your distro and arcitecturee – probably intel x86 32bit)

Then run

rpm -Uvh <full_name_of_rpm>

If you are running CentOS, the version for Red Hat Enterprise is what you want. This page does not list one for Fedora Core, so not sure if it will work or not.

You could als try a source based upgrade.

NOTE: This type of thing is at your own risk and we don’t offer support for it.

Hey Tim,

Ok, thanx for the reply, I am just a little confused here on which one really to download there, maybe you are able to give me some advice:

Os: Centos 4.2 x86_64, and do I have too unibstall the old sql?

What distro are you using?

try a yum update

Clint

There is a yum repo called CentOSplus that will update all your packages (PHP, MySQL, Apache, etc.) to the latest ones. I will look for the link when I get home and edit this post, but a google of centosplus should do the trick

You don’t need to uninstall the old version, rpm -Uvh will “upgrade” your existing software. If you’re gonna try this the one you want is

RHEL4 (AMD64 / Intel EM64T) - Server		4.1.18-0	8.9M	Pick a mirror MD5: 010a30a1880a7b08695e49ea13e6b3e6

Never mind – Socheat just told me they built a custom one for you :slight_smile:

Yea, thanx for the info Tim, Socheat is really a major contributor in my software requests here, he really goes out of his way to help me.

What the actual problem was is that we could not get MB 4.4.x to run, it installed ok, but then could not get to the login page, then we had Socheat build the 4.1.18 for me, from what I understand they are also running MB on their servers, and so at the end of the day Sean from MB found the problem, he actually spent quite some time trying to figure out wht this was not working.

Aparently the new version of MB is not compat with the CP, however 4.3.x is, so we reverted back to the old one and will have that installed on Monday and see how it goes, hopefully things swill be sorted out.