Unable to use Outlook

I added an email account to SiteWorx for a domain and attempted to use it from Outlook… I am using username@domain.com for the login and the correct password…

In Outlook when using “Test Account Settings”, I am getting the following:

Establish network connection Completed
Find outgoing mail server (SMTP) Completed
Find incoming mail server (POP3) Completed
Log onto incoming mail server (POP3) Completed
Send test e-mail message Failed

Errors: “Send test e-mail message: The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. To access these settings close this dialog, then click More Settings and click on the Advanced tab.”

Any ideas?

Cliff.

Also, sending a test email message to the account from a known working email account results in this bounce (actual bounce):

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    test message
  Sent:    6/24/2006 10:08 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'cliff@cliffordhelsel.com' on 6/24/2006 10:08 AM
        503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA

So, I’m kind of stuck wrt email… any help is appreciated.

Are you using your server as the SMTP server or your ISP? If you are using your ISP then of course this has nothing to do with Iworx but the outgoing SMTP server.

If you are using your server as the SMTP then does your ISP block port 25 and force you to use their SMTP server? Have you tried using the alternate SMTP port provided in NodeWorx?

I was having the same problem because my ISP blocked port 25, I used the alternate SMTP port in interworx and it was working after

Thanks! I did track it down to a blocked port problem… bellsouth in Florida doesn’t really “block” the port though… it just opens the connection and hangs there. Very frustrating to debug!

Glad that I don’t have to deal with them :o I’m very lucky to be with Cox, but still have to use the port 26 fix as they block all port 25 traffic. :rolleyes: