Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi NameHound

Welcome to IW forums

Yes, there are users of IW running AXFR and I tested myself as well. The issue if not working for you, maybe is at the other end, where you allow incoming zone transfers perhaps.

You can run those commands yourself and test as per the IW link you posted, to confirm that zones are been given.

Many thanks

John

Comment

Thanks very much, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me every now and again as I'm just about to stand up my first IW server and cPanel server. I haven't tried to do this yet and just wanted to see if I was wasting my time, I would be easy to have cPanel DNS only in place for my cPanel server to sync to and if the previous link I posted works for transferring zones from IW to DNSonly then that would work out well.

Otherwise I would have to look down the path of just running to BIND9 servers and syncing everything with them and also asking for suggestions about other peoples setups with multiple branded control panels pointing to a main pair of DNS servers.

One question about using AXFR to sync to another DNS server, once this is in place, does it automatically transfer zones if they are added or modified to the specified server or do you have to setup a cron job for this to happen?

Comment

Hi namehound

You would need to create a cron job for zone transfers

Personally, I do not see any need for zone transfers to other dns servers. You could have the free 1 domain dns IW licence and create as many dns servers as you need. It is just a case of making sure the correct records point to correct systems

However that said, I do understand what your trying to achieve and IW users have used zone transfers to other dns servers

I hope it goes well for you

Many thanks

John

Comment

Working...
        X