Christmas is tomorrow.

And not a sign of 3.0… am I missing something? Is it still on time? :confused:

Hello Mark,

I dont know the schedule of release for V3, however for us I, will be disabling auto-udpates (Iworx) over the next few days as the last thing we want while having some well-earned rest, is a load of tickets from people questioning new features etc :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sure the Interworx guys will be releasing it just as soon as its done & ready, and I for one would rather they tested it fully before releasing.

I can also say, that for full support of something like Fedora Core 4, there is a HUGE amount of testing to be done. Socheat has worked tirelessly with our FC4 box to get 2.1.4 working fully with it and some functions/features which wouldn’t work have been reported allowing them to be fed into the V3 codebase. I appreciate this phase more than anything.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, I’m afraid.

However, may I wish everyone here and @ Interworx a verry Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

Mark, we’ll release when it’s ready, we’re in the final stages, but it isn’t going to be released tomorrow. You will see a release candidate annoucement before the auto-updating release as well.

Happy Holidays,
Paul

Ok, no rush. I was just wondering. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Well merry xmas to you all on christmas day.

would be nice when we have v3 but no rush, sooner have bug free with no problems than a releaser with errors.
when the update is released will it undo any custom mods or settings done to interworkx script files. just wondered.
Thanks again.

Gary

Let me just chime in here and say that we almost always have a release candidate perior prior to MAJOR releases like this and turning off auto update is almost never a good idea for the simple reason that people tend to forget to turn it back on afterword :frowning: and once in a while we release unexpectedly due to a security vulnerability (e.g. the Horde issue back in April) which you will want enabled ASAP.

And as has already been said, Merry Christmas! I hope everyone who celebrates it had a good one! :slight_smile:

[quote=IWorx-Paul;10982]Mark, we’ll release when it’s ready, we’re in the final stages, but it isn’t going to be released tomorrow. You will see a release candidate annoucement before the auto-updating release as well.

Happy Holidays,
Paul[/quote]

To quote the master;
-“IS NICEEEE” :smiley:

But yes, even if there are long delays (hell, I have only been using Iworx for 5 months and don’t want to think about how the long term users feel about this long awaited update :p) in the 3.x-release, I’d rather have a “bugfree” control panel with “built-in security”, than something with a gazillion functions and tweaks - but that has a new security hole every other week (read cPanel).

So I hope that everyone had a great xmas weekend and that 2007 will be supreme! :slight_smile: