New server and OS

I have just bought a newer server the other day and i was wondering what is the best way to migrate over interworx. Currently, im running Fedora Core 3 and am looking to switch to Cent OS. I do not have a large setup, maybe a couple dozen domains but id rather not have to manualy re-enter all the accounts, emails, databases, etc. Any advice? Thanks.

Are you currently running Iworx on the old server? If so you could just use the Iworx backups to move over the accounts.

There might be a way to upgrade a fedora core to cent os easily using a few rpm commands, I think Iworx-Tim did this at one point.

You can also use the mass import tool to transfer accounts between two InterWorx boxes. The mass import tool has many improvements in v.3.0, so if you’re already running the RC release on the old box, I’d consider using mass import.

[quote=Justec;12372]
There might be a way to upgrade a fedora core to cent os easily using a few rpm commands, I think Iworx-Tim did this at one point.[/quote]

What I did was “upgrade” Red Hat Enterprise 4 to CentOS 4, which did work fine with no problems for InterWorx or the server itself for my personal server. HOWEVER it is very unlikely to work with Fedora Core. CentOS and RHEL are virtually identical, Fedora and CentOS are not. Should you try this you risk loosing all of the data on the server and whatever your DC charges for an OS reinstall. I don’t recommend it.

Great imput guys thanks. Ill probly just backup and mass import as i am running RC2 of 3.0. The new server wont be here until about midweek so i have a few days to get my plan stright. Of course, ill have a good backup just in case.

Quick question: Will i beable to do a “Mass Transfer” if i have only one licences. Im not planning on keeping both servers running just wanna transfer the accounts as easy as possible. Thanks.

If you contact sales at interworx.com Greg can issue you a temporary license key for one of the servers and then tell you how to switch the registered IP for your regular license to the new server and sync the license when you are done.