Tracking spammers using my resources?

I haven’t had this happen that I know of, but I’d like to know how I could better track if and when spammers may have hacked my server and are using my resources to send mail, use my bandwidth, etc. For instance, is it possible to get email alerts when a abnormally large number of emails are being sent by the server?

It’s been over a year since the feature request regarding “Number of emails sent” (http://interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2243) has been made, but still there is NO WORD from the InterWorx yet.

I guess a limit for the no. of mails sent per hour/min at a domain/siteworx level should be implemented, and the admin sould be able to raise the limit for those legit customers (customers have to request for it much like they mostly request for ssh access)

Yeah, its one of those features that’s nice to have, but as with any program you have to make decisions as to how to prioritize different features to appeal to the most amount of people.

I’m sure we will see this in InterWorx at some point though as it seems like a good idea to me.

Refresh

Hi ,

I read that plesk-qmail has a patch to limit the number of emails sent via qmail , does some one now about such a patch.

thank you

I know this is an old post, but I think this would be a valuable tool to have incorporated into NodeWorx.

Yet another tool to help from getting your servers IP banned.

+1, would be interesting to have it on a graph similar to existing queue messages one :slight_smile:

Did it in another thread too. But +10 from our side! We are spending a lot of time fixing abuse and undo-blacklisting.