301 Permanent Redirect - Interworx

I was working on some site optimization, and realized that my domain has a 301 permanent redirect of www.mydomain.com to mydomain.com.

I checked the typical places this shows up, the .htaccess, httpd.conf, etc… and I have no traces of it. Does anyone know where to find this setting to be able to disable it?

Hi

I’m sorry, I think you might be getting confused with cname.

I can’t check as you have not given domain, but if there is a 301 redirect, you’ll find it from the siteworx account, administration pointer I think from memory, or listed within that area, just run through the links to find 301 redirects.

I do think though, it’s cnames and if so, you will need to delete the cname and setup the a record you want.

I hope this helps and your enjoying interworx

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;25050]Hi

I’m sorry, I think you might be getting confused with cname.

I can’t check as you have not given domain, but if there is a 301 redirect, you’ll find it from the siteworx account, administration pointer I think from memory, or listed within that area, just run through the links to find 301 redirects.

I do think though, it’s cnames and if so, you will need to delete the cname and setup the a record you want.

I hope this helps and your enjoying interworx

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Yup, it’s a pretty awesome setup!

My domain is www.royal-yates.com - it 301 redirects to royal-yates.com - I need to disable it. There are no records (CNAME) that are redirecting it, and the htaccess isn’t the one managing it.

Hi Donkenoji

I hope you don’t mind, but external test on domain show a cname is present as follows:

Domain has a WWW hostname provided through one or more CNAME lookups, which will slow down clients attempting to resolve this host.

www.royal-yates.com. | pagespeed.googlehosted.com. | 43200

I hope this helps

Many thanks

John

I don?t mind at all.

I?m in the beta for google?s latest product coming out called PageSpeed service. They do all sorts of great things for SEO, Schema, and optimization.

In doing so, they?ve noticed that all my www. Traffic is redirecting to the bare domain (http://royal…). They?ve requested this 301 redirect to be removed so that all traffic is properly channeled through their DNS Server. The problem is, even in my DNS records, it?s not listed (CNAME).

I?m not sure where this 301 redirect is located at

Hi Donkenoji

Please see picture showing you the Cname you need to edit/delete etc as you need.

Hope that helps

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;25054]Hi Donkenoji

Please see picture showing you the Cname you need to edit/delete etc as you need.

Hope that helps

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

I believe I may be confusing the topic. That CNAME is needed. There’s apparently another 301 somewhere, forwarding all traffic to the barename (it happens without that CNAME).

www.royal… to http:/royal-…

Hi Donkenoji

I’m sorry, but if www.royal-yates.com is displaying royal-yates.com, it will be as a result of pagespeed Cname, which on your dns, www.royal-yaes.com is a cname for pagespeed.googlehosted.com, and you will most likely find pagespeed.googlehosted.com has a dns entry in their dns pointing it back to royal-yates.com, as is the case for Clouldflare CDN. To correct this entry then,it needs editing at pagespeed.googlehosted.com.

To test this theory above, if you delete your cname for www to pagespeed, setup an A record, flush your DNS cache (or you might have to wait upto 8 hours or so) and look up www in a browser, you should see it goes directly to www.royal-yates.com and not royal-yates.com. This will confirm if it is as above and where it needs to be corrected.

If you PM me when you changed as test, I’ll run an external test, which should show no cname.

I hope this helps

Many thanks

John

Hi donkenoji

Sorry, I also meant to say, that if you need www to be a cname to pagespeed, and you set pagespeed to www.royal-yates.com, you’ll form a dns loop, which is why at pagespeed it is most likely set to royal-yates.com.

If your wanting everything to display www.royal-yates then you need to reverse your cnames to drop www cname and set domain cname, but as you have FTP cname, you would need to alter this accordingly.

I hope that helps you

Many thanks

John

Hi donkenoji

I hope you don’t mind but I have had a quick look at pagespeed and I think you may have not set your dns correct from what I’ve read.

I believe you need an A record for origin.royal-yates.com setting up using royal-yates ip, as well as royal-yates.com and cname currently set.

Origin.royal-yates.com is the connection pagespeed uses to grab you site I think.

I’m not too sure if at pagespeed you need to adjust the dns to reflect this, and it could be this that is causing the 301.

I could be wrong sorry, and I only spent 5 minutes glancing through pagespeed sorry and of course, you may have cropped your image.

We use cloudflare and I see there’s a lot if talk re these, so guessing that maybe for a different post as to which is best suited.

Many thanks

John