Unable to free an IP

I need to free some IPs from our CP but with two specific domains inside a reseller it’s impossible to do it.
From the "manage IP’s of the domains, I add an new IP, then change the domain to use the new IP, but after that both IP’s and the “remove Link” remain “greyed”.

This is really frustrating :frowning:
Is there a way to force unbind an IP from a domain?

Thanks for all your help.

Rodrigo

Hi rodrigo

Sorry, if it’s what I think it is, once you’ve added a new ip to system, you goto resellers, and add it by clicking manage ip, then you need to map the ip to the siteworx accounts.

Once this is done, your ip should be good to remove.

If I have time tonight I’ll put a pic up showing the areas you need to do it by, but sorry I could be wrong as I’m doing it from memory.

Many thanks

John

I went to Resellers/Particular Reseller/Manage Ips and all IP’s there : 2 dedicated and 1 shared are greyed out, only the one I want to use has the “Remove” link activated.

Is there some command or configuration I can perform from shell to straighten this out?

Thanks

greyed.PNG

Hi Rodrigo

please see these pics for the areas you need to complete, but before you can remove the IP, it has to be clear of hosting etc, so you need to assign the new IP to the reseller, then goto siteworx account(s) and map the IP to domain, if I remember correctly, unless there is an easier way, which I’m not aware off sorry, and we had to do this when we were trying to check on shared IP SSL.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
Thanks
Yeah, all of that it’s clear to me… except it does not work any way I do it ;(
Regards,

Hi rodrigo

I’m sorry, the only thing which comes to mind is if you tried to remove the ip before mapping a new one at the siteworx account.

I hope I have not upset you by saying that, it’s just me thinking aloud sorry, but if you have added the new ip to reseller and also siteworx account, then mapped the domain to the new ip at the siteworx account, updated and then removed the ip from the siteworx account, and it is no longer shown, then removed the ip from the reseller account and it is shown removed, then removed it from ip manager and it is no longer shown, I would think you may want to open a ticket with interworx.

I’m sorry, the only other thing which comes to mind, is to restart you network, just incase there’s anything holding it.

Sorry, there is one more idea, does the ip to be removed have any SSL on it, if so, this may need to be removed first from your siteworx accounts on it, but only the siteworx you want to move.

I’m finishing for tonight but I’ll check tommorow for any replies sorry, it’s nearly 11pm and it’s been a long day.

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
Thanks for your help.
I finally figured what was happening.
There was a user account inside the a reseller account that was using “Domain Pointers”.
I had to go inside that siteworx account, delete the pointers and then the IP became liberated and I was able to remove it.
Regards,
Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo

Many thanks for letting me know.

I’m thinking it might be a good idea to have a warning on the remove help or failure to remove caption to highlight this ie make sure no services are been used by the ip or something similar, as a reminder.

Many thanks

John