Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can I Fix Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Google Chrome Web Browser?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I Fix Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Google Chrome Web Browser?

Hey Guys…

I am facing error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in my Chrome web browser.

After watching this error message, the browser stops responding and crashes all the active tabs without giving any warning message.

The error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in the Chrome browser is quite effective so that I want to fix it as early as possible.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Hi harryjosh

Welcome to IW forums

What IW-CP, distro and server type are you using

I would think without more detail, that looks likely to either the DNS is controlled elsewhere or you have too many redirects in place

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi!

I experienced this problem also. When it appears, its due to a bad configuration of the DNS and gateways of your PC.
      Here you have a list of things that you should check when you have this DNS error:

Free and Renew IP Address
      Restart DNS Client Service
      Change DNS Servers
      Reset Chrome Flags
      Temporarily Disable VPN and Antivirus
      Review your Local Host Files
      Check Your Domain's DNS
      Restart Your Computer

I hope it helps you to fix it!

Comment

Hello, many chrome users have this error, but you can easy fix it try one of these methods:
        1. Flush DNS
        2. Restart DNS
        3. Configure DNS server adresses
        4. Reset hosts file

I will share really easy tutorial how to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
        DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is an issue that informs about DNS lookup failure. Fix the error now for free without using any software.

Comment

Originally posted by d2d4j View Post
          Hi harryjosh

Welcome to IW forums

What IW-CP, distro and server type are you using

I would think without more detail, that looks likely to either the DNS is controlled elsewhere or you have too many redirects in place

Many thanks

John
          Thanks John, But I have solved the issue by following these steps:

Step 1:

• Right tap on Network icon and hit Open Network and Sharing Center.

Step 2:

• Tap “Change adapter settings (top left side).

Step 3:

• Now right tap on your active Network Connection (LAN, WiFi, Ethernet, etc.) and hit Properties.

Step 4:

• Choose “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and tap Properties.

Step 5:

• Tap use the following DNS server addresses: and then add below server addresses and tap OK.
          • Alternate DNS Server: 8.8.4.4
          • Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8.8

After performing all these steps there won't be any issue but in case if someone looking the same problem or unable to fix it here's a link https://techloris.com/dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/
          Have you ever encounter DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error in Google Chrome? 8 different easy to follow methods to help you solve this error.

Comment

Working...
          X