Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can I Fix Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Google Chrome Web Browser?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I Fix Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Google Chrome Web Browser?

Hey Guys…

I am facing error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in my Chrome web browser.

After watching this error message, the browser stops responding and crashes all the active tabs without giving any warning message.

The error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in the Chrome browser is quite effective so that I want to fix it as early as possible.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

• bennetcole
    replied
    It means that the DNS service is not working properly on either your side or the server's side. Changing DNS server to Google DNS or OpenDNS , or remove all cookies and cached files on your browser will help to resolve this issue immediately. Like any other error, there are several ways you can solve DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problems by yourself.

Release or Renew Your IP Address
    Change DNS server
    Restart DNS Client service
    Reset hosts file
    Reset Chrome Flags
    Reset Winsock program

As the name suggests, the error is directly related to DNS server. DNS is a service that connects the domain name to its real address and vice versa. NXDOMAIN is nothing but nonexistent Internet connection or Intranet domain name.

Leave a comment:

• MattCorey
    replied
    Hi,
    This fix really works for everyone change dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in 2 mins error gone full tutorial how to do it https://geeksadvice.com/how-to-fix-d...xdomain-error/

Leave a comment:

• Rahul Kothey
    replied
    I was going through many solutions but none of them were working for me. So I went on looking for more and found one site which helped me to solve the error. The simple steps which I followed helped me resolve the issue. If any of my friend who has similar problem like me then do visit - http://itechinspector.com/error-code..._nxdomain.html

Leave a comment:

• petermoore23
    replied
    Hello,
    Most of the Google Chrome (mostly newer versions) users get this error and it is as easy to fix this.
    Open CMD
    Flush DNS
    Restart DNS
    Configure DNS server address in IPv4 settings
    Configure etc host file

I will share a post from Hows.Tech :
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is a very common error experienced by Google Chrome users when they try to navigate web pages. This can be frustrating because suddenly you can't move to your website or anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• CantineoPlus
    replied
    Hello!

Some time ago our agency experienced such a problem. When it appears, it was due to a bad configuration of the DNS and gateways of your PC.
    I suggest you do the following to check when you have this DNS error:

Libre y renovar la dirección IP
    reinicio del servicio Cliente DNS
    Servidores de cambio de DNS
    Reiniciar Chrome Banderas
    desactivar temporalmente la función de VPN y antivirus
    Revisar sus archivos host local
    Compruebe DNS del dominio
    en Reiniciar el equipo

Leave a comment:

• harryjosh
    replied
    Originally posted by d2d4j View Post
    Hi harryjosh

Welcome to IW forums

What IW-CP, distro and server type are you using

I would think without more detail, that looks likely to either the DNS is controlled elsewhere or you have too many redirects in place

Many thanks

John
    Thanks John, But I have solved the issue by following these steps:

Step 1:

• Right tap on Network icon and hit Open Network and Sharing Center.

Step 2:

• Tap “Change adapter settings (top left side).

Step 3:

• Now right tap on your active Network Connection (LAN, WiFi, Ethernet, etc.) and hit Properties.

Step 4:

• Choose “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and tap Properties.

Step 5:

• Tap use the following DNS server addresses: and then add below server addresses and tap OK.
    • Alternate DNS Server: 8.8.4.4
    • Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8.8

After performing all these steps there won't be any issue but in case if someone looking the same problem or unable to fix it here's a link https://techloris.com/dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/
    Have you ever encounter DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error in Google Chrome? 8 different easy to follow methods to help you solve this error.

Leave a comment:

• Norbert
    replied
    Hello, many chrome users have this error, but you can easy fix it try one of these methods:
    1. Flush DNS
    2. Restart DNS
    3. Configure DNS server adresses
    4. Reset hosts file

I will share really easy tutorial how to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is an issue that informs about DNS lookup failure. Fix the error now for free without using any software.

Leave a comment:

• QueveoCantineo
    replied
    Hi!

I experienced this problem also. When it appears, its due to a bad configuration of the DNS and gateways of your PC.
    Here you have a list of things that you should check when you have this DNS error:

Free and Renew IP Address
    Restart DNS Client Service
    Change DNS Servers
    Reset Chrome Flags
    Temporarily Disable VPN and Antivirus
    Review your Local Host Files
    Check Your Domain's DNS
    Restart Your Computer

I hope it helps you to fix it!

Leave a comment:

• d2d4j
    replied
    Hi harryjosh

Welcome to IW forums

What IW-CP, distro and server type are you using

I would think without more detail, that looks likely to either the DNS is controlled elsewhere or you have too many redirects in place

Many thanks

John

Leave a comment:

Working...
X