Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade from Release to Release Candidate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upgrade from Release to Release Candidate

    Hi all. I'm considering upgrading from the current release version to current release candidate version but would like to be able to upgrade without it breaking some current installs. The installs I'm concerned about are Softaculous installs of WordPress. Anyone have any idea if upgrading via the update channel would break these WordPress sites? All have been installed via Softaculous and are at current version. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

  • #2
    Hi vertical

    It's not something I have tried myself on this occasion as its a bigger change, with php etc but I think it should be fine as long as you have not changed or adapted any file for a certain purpose.

    I would ensure you have made all backups you need first, just in case and when updated to RC, I would also run the softaculous update for each account, unless you have softaculous set to auto update, but this may take a few hours before update process starts in that instance.

    Softaculous works lovely in RC, so you should not have any issues with softaculous

    If it helps, you can test 1 soteworx on our test server currently running RC, but the softaculous license is the free version, which I don't think includes WP, but could be wrong sorry

    I hope that helps and good luck

    Many thanks

    John

    Comment


    • #3
      We setup a test server and did the update there first and all went smoothly but still a little worried since the server I was considering updating to the RC is a production server so I think we will wait for RC to become Release. :) Any idea when the next Release update will be?

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi vertical

        I believe it is on a time frame. I believe release is updated on a rolling 3 or 6 months period from RC and stable is 12 months update from release.

        To be honest, if the test went lovely, I would do the update, but it's slightly different on our production servers, as some resellers have hundreds of sites, which are education based, and it's a case of timing with the resellers to do upgrade.

        Many thanks

        John

        Comment

        Working...
        X