DNS Cluster - API failure : CURL error: SSL: no alternative certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Cluster - API failure : CURL error: SSL: no alternative certificate

Any idea how I can fix this? Just trying to add the DNS sync server following this guide here: https://www.interworx.com/support/fa...tion-nodeworx/

Using the hostnames of the servers (which do have SSL cert on) we just keep getting the following errors:

API failure : CURL error: SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name '*IP Address Here*'

Hi Berie

Sorry not a lot of information given

Are all IW servers running the same IW version

Are all IW servers fully correct on hostnames and have full SSL on them

(eg hostname.url - full SSL ns1.hostname.url - Full SSL on ns1.hostname.url and not just hostname.url etc..)

have you tried with just the IP address instead of hostname.url

Did you copy and paste the full API code

Did you first run test run (or is this where the issue is shown)

Is there anything shown in Iworx logs for failure giving more details

Many thanks

John

Comment

Originally posted by d2d4j View Post
      Hi Berie

Sorry not a lot of information given

Are all IW servers running the same IW version

Are all IW servers fully correct on hostnames and have full SSL on them

(eg hostname.url - full SSL ns1.hostname.url - Full SSL on ns1.hostname.url and not just hostname.url etc..)

have you tried with just the IP address instead of hostname.url

Did you copy and paste the full API code

Did you first run test run (or is this where the issue is shown)

Is there anything shown in Iworx logs for failure giving more details

Many thanks

John

1. Same IW Version (v6.3.21)
      2. Hostnames have SSL on (Wildcardx Certs) - I am using the URL for the control panel, without the https:// so just servername.domain.com rather than the nameservers? I have tried the IP address as well.
      3. Yep, copied the full API code.
      4. These were in test, this is where the error came up. Also tried the "Add" mode and the same occured.

This is what is shown in the log file

Code:
      2019-10-24 15:50:05.36168 [tid9m1-ib3s-9xra-WEB] [INFO]  : sending: iworx.cpversion to: IP Address:2443 : /xhr.php
      2019-10-24 15:50:05.41970 [tid9m1-ib3s-9xra-WEB] [ERR]   : xmlrpc fault: CURL error: SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name 'IP Address' : /xhr.php
      Then it started filling the log with "Looking for PHP version for *domain*" for the domains hosted on the server. Not sure if that is connected or not.

I have removed the IP from the log file but it is the IP address of the other server even though I have inputted the hostname.
      Last edited by Bertie; 10-24-2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Interworx Support managed to fix it. Thought I would post their reply just in case if anyone else has a similar issue

While it is unclear as to what exactly caused the issue, the devs were able to patch your server with a couple code changes as to how we handle the DNS sync process and I was able to add the Listener successfully (screenshot). I submitted a bug report and they're working on a global fix.

Comment

Working...
        X