IPv6 Firewall

I’ve looked on the site, but haven’t found any guides for this.

With the IPv6 firewall set to “Managed by InterWorx” and “InterWorx-Managed ICMP Settings”, is there anyway to white list IPv6 addresses? I know because of the magnitude of the IPv6 ranges, it might not be as simple as the Trusted and Blocked IPs in the control panel for IPv4, but just not sure where to start.

Ok, well I feel a little silly now. I was able to just copy and paste in my IPv6 to the whitelist and it worked as expected. At first I used my “IPv6 Address” as reported by Windows, but I needed to use my “Temporary IPv6 Address”.

It’s interesting with IPv6 how every device has it’s IP now, not just the one public IPv4 given to you buy your Internet Provider.

Hi Justin

Wow, you have IPv6

We use herican electric for free IPv6 tunnel on /48 and /64, but not sure how we would get them on centos sorry

Our datacentre were mean to be getting prices for us, but 2 years on and still not

I think your IPv6 will be native but kudos for confirming IPv6 firewall

Many thanks

John

you should always whitelist/blacklist at the customer assigned subnet level, aka /64.

On that note, you should be using a /56 minimum on your server and give each website a /64. (256 /64s in a /56)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi jacobdevans

Many thanks

Please could I ask why you say give a /64 to each siteworx

It maybe the Yorkshire in me, to only give 1 or 2 but why give more

Many thanks

John

an ipv6 /64 assignment is treated like a single ipv4 address by design. so everywhere you would use a dedicated v4 ip, you should use a /64 v6 subnet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi jacobdevans

Many thanks, I was thinking you meant to give a full block

Many thanks

John